[ 17 ]

Narco stepped out of his car. He walked towards the house with a confident stride. His jacket rustled loudly, which annoyed him deeply. He was in a great mood today and nothing could ruin it. He was sure.

Narco rang the doorbell, waiting while he adjusted his hair.

"Coming!" Lewis shouted, footsteps pounding loudly from the inside.

The door quickly opened, a ragged looking Lewis appearing.

"You look like you just ran a marathon." Narco said, brushing his thumb across Lewis' red cheeks. He decided to kiss it, just for the fun of it.

Lewis rolled his eyes, motioning Narco to enter the house. "You don't know how tiring it is to run down the stairs."

Narco laughed. It rang through the house.

"What do you wanna talk about?" Lewis asked, cutting to the chase rather quickly.

"So eager to know, Sunshine," Narco sighed, plopping right on the couch. "Anyways, I wanted to talk about everything, make sure everything's alright with you. The usual," Narco said, patting the seat next to him.

Lewis hesitantly sat down, turning towards him, and gave a timid smile. He scratched his head, averting his eyes.

"Are you actually okay?" Narco asked, bringing his hands to ruffle Lewis's hair.

"Yeah. Why?" Lewis was confused as to why he cared so much. Very unusual, and a part of him shivered with happiness.

"Really? You weren't that happy yesterday," Narco said, running his fingers through black locks.

"I'm not good at socializing, Narco. You know that." Lewis stated, awkward and claustrophobic. Those honey eyes were staring at him.

Narco hummed in response, not caring about the awkwardness. "Do you want to talk about your parents?" He asked, very forward with it. Lewis sucked in a deep breath, not prepared to let it out at all.

"No and yes," He said, brows knitted. "And I trust you, okay? I just don't want to... cry—" Lewis choked out, looking straight into the honey pools of Narco's eyes. And fuck, he was going to cry, right after he said he didn't want to.

Lewis was breathing heavily in a second, Narco grew confused and alarmed.

"Y-You don't need to say anything—" Narco stuttered, flailing his arms around. Lewis nodded, tipping his head back to dry his tears. "I want to help you, Sunshine. I really do." He muttered, rubbing Lewis' forehead with one hand and holding Lewis' hand with another.

"I don't need your help. I really don't." Lewis bitterly said, retracting his hand harshly.

"Where did you get that nickname from?" Lewis desperately tried to steer the conversation to another topic. His chest was bubbling and his heart was pounding. He didn't want to cry and stopping that made it worse. It wasn't a good feeling, he personally wouldn't recommend it.

"Just some philosophical thoughts. You are like the light of my life. Thought light sounded dumb so I changed it to sunshine."

"Tell me, how was life with Elese?" Narco swerved right back to the lane, unwilling to change the topic.

"Why do you want to know?" Lewis snapped, his jaw and fist clenching. He knew what he was doing, but old habits die hard.

The cold stare Lewis was giving Narco was so very unlikely of him. The brown eyes showed anger and plain coldness. The guards were up and if anyone dared to proceed further, they would be maimed.

"It is none of your business." Lewis spat, getting up from the couch and walking towards the kitchen at an extremely fast pace. He was shaking, muscles tense, eyes glossed. He didn't want to cry, he wasn't supposed to show weakness.