[ 8 ]

"Hey, Kat, you coming with Alex or not?" Narco sweetly asked.

"Now you remember us! You've been chasing after that guy for weeks!" Katie exclaimed from the other side of the line. "And yes, we're coming," She added and Narco smiled. "What happened to that guy? Give me the gossip," She squealed and let out a laugh.

"Shut up," Narco playfully said and put her on speaker. He opened the curtains of his apartment to let sunlight filter through. Yellow rays flooded the room, glistening floors waking up.

"Oh, come on!" She whined, wanting to say more but holding back, and waited for a reply.

"I'll tell you when you come." Narco said and hung up, cutting off her protests. He leaned against the kitchen counter as he waited for the cup to be filled. His phone rang right when his coffee was ready. He sighed and reached for it, accepting the call.

"Yo! How've you been?" Jack, his friend, said in an overtly happy tone.

"Not bad," Narco replied.

"Anyways, I called to let you know you got the damn gallery for your paintings! You have one week to display your stuff!" He was giving Narco a headache.

"Shut up, then. Send me the details. Emails exist, Jack." The brown-haired man snapped, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Don't be a dick. Details will come when I'm visiting," Jack said and muttered something that sounded dangerously close to 'jackass' before hanging up.

Narco groaned as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Fuck." He swore as he thought about Lewis. The same words buzzed through his mind, making him irritable and angry. Narco gulped all of the scalding liquid and trudged to his bedroom. He picked up a wet brush and dipped it in a half-dried mix of colors.

Narco brushed away furiously, mixing all sorts of colors. He was not thinking clearly and he was getting a big headache, but he wanted relief from these thoughts of Lewis — a man who wasn't into him, but he had spent weeks pining over.

With every stroke, anger poured out of him, bleeding him dry. He slammed his fist on the table next to him. He groaned at the impact. Pathetic. He couldn't even stop thinking about him. Tears started to fill his eyes.

"Forgot how heartbreak felt like." He dryly remarked and wept tears away.

The only time when he was so sure about somebody loving (or at least liking) him was now shattered. His body slumped and his head was about to blast. He decided to sleep the pain away as he always did.

── *. • °. ☆ ° : • . * ☾ . •*. ° ☆ •.° : • *. ──

The orange sky painted the car mirrors as Narco drove to a bar. Purple started to blend with orange while he drove along the busy road, clouds whirring by. He glanced at the setting sun — now turning blue — with admiration but quickly darted his eyes back to the road. He parked his car on the side of the road.

"Ayo!" Jack greeted him with a half-hug when he got to him. "Been waiting for you," He said and slung an arm around Narco's shoulder, dragging him to the entrance.

"They told me you'll need to get the paintings in the gallery two days before the showing and it's pretty cheap." Jack explained as Narco fiddled with his wallet to bring out an ID and a pass.

"Really?" Narco narrowed his eyes, and followed Jack inside.

They walked through people of all kinds — drunk, sweaty, dancing, sticky, disgusting.

"Oops!" Jack said when he almost tripped over a stupid looking rug.

"Guys, Narco's here!" His friend announced to the group of people sitting at the bar, who seemed to be debating about the maximum amount of tequila one could drink.