[ 12 ]

"What's so important that made you call me in the morning?" Narco interrogated his calm friend sitting in front of him.

"Good news, man," Jack chirped as he typed on his laptop and spun it around to show Narco an email.

"Dear Mr. Embers, I would like to give you an offer for the painting Mr. Evans has put up in the Galleria titled 'The Blues'. The deal will be discussed tonight in the gallery. I offer $600 for the painting. I know it is not enough but I would suggest you think about my offer. Sincerely, Robin Jane."

Narco looked at Jack. "What?!" He exclaimed and Jack burst into laughter, his calm demeanor lost. Narco couldn't believe it at all. He was shocked to the core. He read the email over and over. "That's— That's so much money!" Narco gaped.

"You earned it," Jack said, getting up from his chair. "He's coming to the gallery tonight so please dress properly. Money will be transferred tonight with all those 'fancy technologies'. Also, I need a party tomorrow."

Narco shakily stood up and grabbed his phone. He opened his messages and texted Lewis. It still seemed like a dream to him. Maybe it was his lucky day. Kisses with Lewis, getting to know Rose better, and an absolute dream of an offer.

"Party's on Tuesday," Narco announced as he sank back in the chair.

"Two days later?" Jack asked, sighing in disappointment.

"Shut up, that's what you get for calling me in on a Sunday." Narco argued with a happy tone.

── *. • °. ☆ ° : • . * ☾ . •*. ° ☆ •.° : • *. ──

The two men sat on the living room couch. Lewis had his laptop with drafts and manuscripts pulled up to show the blond.

"Where do you keep disappearing?" Lewis asked, referring to last night.

"What?" Daniel pretended not to understand the straightforward question.

"You know what I'm talking about," Lewis snorted as he forwarded the manuscripts to Daniel.

"I seriously don't."

"Where were you last night? Leaving me alone, eh?" Lewis said, setting his laptop aside.

"I don't—"

Lewis huffed in annoyance, pinning Daniel with a serious look. "I won't judge," He assured, hoping his best friend would be honest.

"How are you and Narco, by the way? Saw you having dinner with him." Daniel very desperately steered the conversation away from him and it worked.

"Yeah... About that—" Lewis scratched his neck. It grabbed the attention of his blond friend.

"Tell me, babe," Daniel leaned to his right and raised his eyebrows at Lewis. The pale man blushed and it didn't go unnoticed. "What?" Daniel chuckled, looking astounded by the red that appeared on the other's face.

Lewis hesitated, a rush of anxiety freezing his nerves. But Daniel is open-minded, it wouldn't ruin anything. He gathered his nerves. "I'm bisexual or pansexual... and I need to tell my parents." Lewis meekly muttered, brown eyes darting around the living room.

Daniel seemed to be very happy — as he cheered when he heard it.

"Been telling you since the dawn of time!" He exclaimed.

"No, you have not!" Lewis said, receiving a fatal hug from his friend.

They seemed to be glued together in that position for a long time. Lewis didn't want to let go of Daniel, fearing that he would lose his best friend if he let go. Relief coursed through his veins, heart slowing into a steady rhythm. Lewis felt tears coming out of his eyes and he knew that he was going to bawl his eyes out.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asked, rubbing Lewis' back in a soothing manner. Damn him for being a good friend.

"Mom and dad are going to disown me. I can feel it." He confessed, tears sliding down his cheeks..

"They don't matter. Narco, Rose, and I love you, okay? That's what matters the most." Daniel said, swinging Lewis side to side. "You don't need to tell them, babe,"

"Yeah, but they're my parents..." Lewis blankly said and detached himself from his friend. He was and always would be a sucker for validation. A deep desire to change people — make them see him, acknowledge him, love him — ran in his blood. A sucker for validation never felt.

They sat in silence. Lewis worked on passing the manuscripts and wiping his unending tears.

"I'll have to talk with Bart about the editing. He'll give you an editor, you'll have to work together and finish the book, the same old. We'll have a meeting about the publishing soon."

"Whatever," Lewis said and massaged his temples.

"Papa! Where is the chocolate pudding?" Rose inquired from the kitchen.

"Should be in the fridge, Sweetheart. Have you completed your homework?" Lewis asked, standing up from the couch and walking to the kitchen.

"Nope!"

Daniel huffed a laugh as he followed Lewis.

"Can I go? I need to sleep." Daniel whined, rubbing his eyes for dramatics.

"Sure," Lewis said, head inside the fridge. Daniel chuckled, watching his friend practically disappear into the fridge.

"I don't think there's pudding left, Flower," Lewis said at last, acting disappointed. "Will you wait till evening?" He asked, hoping she would agree.

"Okkkkkk," She sang and grabbed a plain yogurt from the fridge.

Lewis joined Daniel, who was busy packing his laptop in his bag. "Bye, then," He said, walking to the door and opening it for the blond.

"See ya!" Daniel grinned and stepped out, waving at Lewis. He waved back.

The black-haired man pulled his phone out and called Narco. "Hey, I was wondering if you could visit me this evening?"

"Yeah, sure, might be late tho," Came the static reply.

"Could you also buy some chocolate pudding for Rose? I'll give you the money." Lewis politely asked.

"Sure! Love you, bye!" Narco replied and hung up.

Lewis stilled.

The beautiful word was attached to many memories, but the haunting one always kept flashing. He was shaking when he put the phone down. He let out a huge exhale. It should've felt nice, and he wondered what was wrong with him. Was he faking this? Did he really like Narco? What if it was just a fluke? Maybe he only liked Narco because of the attention, the validation he felt.

But this isn't validating. You're doubting yourself. The rational part of his brain said.

Shut the fuck up. He hissed.

"Rose, let's finish your homework." Lewis called out and took his daughter to her room.