[ 34 ]

"Lewis, you need to stop. You're working way too hard."

"But if I don't work I feel lazy, and the fucking book signing is in a month."

"Doesn't mean you have to work your ass off! We'll be there at the signing, stop worrying," Daniel scolded as he sifted through papers. Lewis huffed in annoyance, fiddling with his pen.

"Where's Gabriel? God, I wish Felix or even Ilia was here," Lewis bit his lip in frustration, patiently waiting for the editor to appear in the room.

"Submitting the edited copies to Bart." Daniel replied as he set his papers down and gave Lewis a stern look.

Lewis scoffed, "What?"

Daniel shook his head and turned to look at the binders on the shelf. A sharp knock interrupted their silence. He glanced at the opening door. "Come in,"

"Uh— I've submitted the edited version and wanted to ask if you'd be okay with the alternate ending,"

The man was shorter than Lewis. His round face with round glasses perched on his nose made him look adorable. The brown curls that sat like a halo on his head, and the small blush that coated beige skin made him look like a cartoon character.

Lewis blinked as he looked at the editor. "Do what you want," He smiled and looked at Daniel, who gave a nod to the flustered man.

"O-Okay," Gabriel stammered, stepped back, and closed the door.

"Hello, you're not allowed to fall for him," Daniel snapped his fingers in front of Lewis to bring the other out of a trance.

"Nah. Narco's cuter plus hotter." Lewis shrugged, grinning when an image of Narco dancing around his almost empty apartment came into mind.

"Jack's better,"

"Wanna debate?" Lewis challenged. And that started the hour long debate about whose boyfriend was superior.

"Could you manage my schedule? I'll text you the details,"

"Managing your schedule is all I do, Lew. Why?" Daniel narrowed his eyes, washed blues staring at fidgeting fingers.

Lewis chewed his lips, stretching his fingers, "I— I'm going to therapy." The breath he was holding was released. Daniel gave a grin, nodding in approval.

── *. • °. ☆ ° : • . * ☾ . •*. ° ☆ •.° : • *. ──

Lewis paced around his room, throwing his stress ball against the wall and catching it.

"You guys want some chicken?" Narco asked from the living room.

"Yeah!" Rose replied with the enthusiasm her father lacked.

The bedroom door creaked as Narco poked his head inside, smiling when he saw Lewis walking around.

"Are you going to cook?" Lewis asked as he turned to look at his man.

"Yup!" Narco furiously nodded, bringing a small smile on Lewis' face.

"I say don't 'cause you almost burned the house down last time." Lewis chuckled when the memory the frantic man came into view as he stood with his mouth agape at the scene.

"It was just once!" Narco protested, then cheekily added, "Help me out, then," He looked at Lewis with glittering eyes.

Lewis grudgingly agreed, unable to refuse the happy smile that lit up the entire world. He trudged behind, greeting Rose and entering the kitchen.

Narco chopped the vegetables and handed them to Lewis, who put it in simmering water. He made gravy with it while Narco cut the chicken breasts to marinate them.