[ 42 ]

"Narco, you... can clean room?" Lewis tiredly asked. He felt drained of energy even though he'd slept for ten hours.

"Why?" Narco slurred since he was also tired and didn't want to do chores anymore. He didn't point out the grammatical error, as he had found out it ticked Lewis off till he had an anxiety attack.

"I invited people over," Lewis frowned, unable to explain why or who he'd invited, and it got on his nerves. He had studied English for four years, surely he'd be able to speak it?

Narco scoffed as he looked at Lewis from the doorway. "You and inviting people? You don't even clean when you invite Bart's over. Who's this special person?" Anger and frustration punctuated his words. He exhaled, regaining control of his thoughts, and counted to ten. He had been warned, he could navigate this, he could de-escalate the situation.

"What if I want to t-talk? Can't I have fun d-day?" Lewis frustratedly asked, he sensed his eyes watering. He didn't want to cry, he wanted to speak, and the hot tears of frustration frustrated him even more.

"You can, Lewis, you always can. Fuck—" Lewis was at the brink of crying and Narco was shit at de-escalation.

Lewis trembled and took steps backward. "Fuck you. I am tired... just w-wanted to make house look pre— nice but you don't want, I'm going." He tried to act strong but he was going to collapse. His limbs were weary, and his head was muddled, and he hadn't had coffee like he always did, and that was wrong. Wrong in every shape and form and WRONG.

Narco ran his fingers through his hair, tugging at them in rage. "Are you angry with me?" He managed to ask through building panic. Yes or no questions, easy to answer.

"G-Going." Lewis muttered as if he hadn't heard, grabbed a spare jacket and rocked on his heels. He couldn't look weak. Lewis took a deep breath and put the jacket on although with much difficulty. It would be better if I had help, he irritably scoffed to himself.

"Don't," Narco pleaded as he looked at Lewis.

"Can't stop me," Lewis frowned as he said the words, trying to walk past Narco with unsteady feet.

The calm man grabbed Lewis by his sleeve and pulled Lewis towards himself. "I'm sorry," He whispered as he buried his face in Lewis' hair.

"O-Okay,"

Narco almost cried in relief at the words — they were fragmented, unsure, and what Lewis had been reduced to in order to communicate, but it was okay.

"I was just angry that my painting got spoiled. I didn't mean to take my anger out on you. I'm sorry, Sunshine."

"It's... fine," Lewis let out his breath. He felt like he had been released from a choke-hold.

"Why were you upset with me?" Narco asked, smoothing the constant frown on Lewis' face. Lewis mouthed the word upset, frown deepening as he tried to recall the word. "Angry," He supplied, a small smile on his lips when Lewis' eyes widened.

"Not up-set." He tried the 'new' word on his tongue, pronouncing as if it was his first time doing so, then continued, "Hurt only, here," Narco's hands were brought to rest on his chest, and he almost broke.

Narco didn't let Lewis go. He knew he had crossed the line and he felt horrible. Things could've gone so, so, so wrong. He cupped Lewis' cheek and leaned down, planting a long and reassuring kiss on parted lips. The soft sigh was all he needed to let tension roll off his body.

"I love you, Lewis. I'm sorry." Narco felt his eyes dampen as he hugged Lewis closer and tighter.

"It's okay... I... love you..." Lewis patted Narco's back in reassurance as he felt his emotions shift. He was relieved and calm. "Invited Robin," His eyes settled on the floor, hands twisting the back of Narco's shirt. He wanted to tell him why, but words were hazy and difficult, and the swell of irritation inflated. "Think you would want messy room to show boss."