[ 40 ]

"Love,"

"Hmm..."

"I love you,"

"Love you, too." Lewis smiled, diverting his eyes from the book to look at Narco. He squeezed their entwined hands.

Narco was busy sketching postures, frowning everytime he had to erase. His boyfriend had been so loving and kind everyday, spoiling him to no end. Neverending kisses, gentle words, sad smiles.

"Could you pass me the cup?" Lewis asked, looking at his lukewarm tea that awaited him. Narco grabbed it and passed it to him in one swift motion.

"Do I have to pick Rose up?" Narco questioned, furrowing his brows as he erased the hands for the fifth time.

"Dan will do it, babe. It's your time to relax." Lewis yawned as he shut his book and placed it on the nightstand.

Narco smiled when he felt Lewis stretch like a cat. Lewis sighed, he leaned against Narco, peering at what the other was so focused on drawing. He grinned, pulling Lewis closer and sharing his body heat.

"I've been watching you draw that for hours, Narco," Lewis complained, pouting and receiving a chuckle.

"Hands are hard to draw, 'kay?" Narco said, drawing rough lines.

"I'll show you what I can do with my hands." Lewis innocently smiled, looking at Narco with a suggestive glint in his eyes. To his delight, the chocolate eyes lit up.

"Show me, then," Narco prodded as he put his materials away and stared at Lewis. The writer just smiled in response but the slender fingers stroking his inner thigh did not go unnoticed. His sharp intake of breath encouraged Lewis even more.

"I will," Lewis leaned in, tracing his fingers along Narco's strong jaw.

Their breaths mingled together as one cupped the pale face and the other roamed his hands along the tan torso. "Ah, fuck," Narco lowly said, breath hitching when Lewis softly nibbled on his bottom lip.

Lewis smiled as he looked at the warm brown eyes that crinkled with amusement. "Kiss me,"

Narco didn't hesitate or waste time, seizing Lewis' lips with his own.

They were entangled in each other's arms, whispering sweet nothings. It was slow and passionate rather than quick and messy and everything they didn't want.

Narco took a deep breath, attention on scaling the milky chest with his fingers. It felt infinite under his fingertips, and he wondered if he could ever memorize every single bump, missing skin, dip, muscle. He'd like that.

"You know what they say?" Lewis peered at him through thick lashes.

"What?" He whispered, eyes connecting.

Lewis grinned slowly, "A good book will make you cry even at trivial moments."

Narco huffed a laugh, shaking his head with fondness. Lewis had been talking about books too much lately. He loved it. "No one says that," His voice was thin.

"I just did." Lewis gave a blinding smile, managing to make his heart skip a beat and rupture itself simultaneously. Narco gave an impassive stare, pain throbbing his chest.

"What is it?" Lewis asked when the silence drawed out for too long. He rested on his side, head supported by a fist, elbows digging into the mattress.

Narco sighed, staring at the contrasting shades where skin met, "I'm scared."

"I... I'm scared, too," Lewis ran his fingers through brown hair, and kissed the tip of Narco's nose. It scrunched in response, and he gave a fond smile.

"I'm scared," Narco repeated, looking up at Lewis, breathing roughly. He raked his eyes over every feature, memorizing the small wrinkles and lines and spots and scars. The sting in his eyes returned, he cursed. It was his first time being vulnerable with someone, a significant other.

"I know," Lewis sadly smiled, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on Narco's lips. "I'll be right here—" He rested his trembling palms on Narco's heart, feeling the rhythmic thrum of heartbeat. Narco nodded, grabbing Lewis' hand and leaving a light kiss on the back of it. For unknown reasons, it struck a nerve and Lewis barely managed to reel in his tears.

"My sunshine," Narco whispered, trailing his fingers down the long scar that ran down Lewis' shoulder to his elbow. "I love you."

"I love you, too,"

Narco didn't miss the 'I'. He'd been subconsciously waiting, and the words struck through his body, a smile forming. His body was filled with liquid warmth so powerful it was bursting through his skin. He watched the blush spread throughout Lewis' face. And he knew implications became statements.