[ 5 ]

The black car pulled up to an apartment complex. Lewis wrote his name and signed the register.

He pressed the doorbell, standing awkwardly. He heard muffled footsteps nearing the door.

The door opened and showed a man with his hair, face and clothes covered in paint. "Oh, hey, um,"

"I don't think I should give you a hug..." Lewis awkwardly said, shifting around the door.

"Come in, make yourself at home," Narco gestured behind him and stepped out of the way. "Don't worry. The paint is in the second room." He reassured and followed behind the pale man.

Lewis observed the various canvases filled with colors. The ceiling was practically covered in paintings and pictures. The walls were not crowded, with few portraits lingering at the corners.

Narco noticed the apprehension in the other's face. "I asked the landlord about the ceiling thing and she allowed it, making sure it was secure." The tense shoulders relaxed a fraction.

"I'm sorry, this is so embarrassing," Narco muttered and ruffled his hair which splattered some particles of paint on Lewis' t-shirt, contrasting with the pure black. "Oh, I'm sorry," Narco said, hastily taking a step back, which made Lewis turn around and raise an eyebrow. "I just— splattered on your shirt—" Narco looked away with guilt.

Lewis waved him off, "Not a big deal,"

Narco sighed in relief, and told the writer to sit down and relax while he made coffee.

"Here," The artist put the mug of black coffee in front of Lewis, painted fingerprints visible on the sides. This made Lewis smile a little and he happily drank the coffee. "I feel bad for you after the restaurant scene." Narco said and sat down besides the pale man. He immediately widened his eyes. Lewis tensed.

"Don't be," He muttered, the taste of the coffee turning impossibly bitter. "And, by the way, that was not my wife. She's Rose's babysitter." Lewis tried clarifying things. Narco tried to not show his smile by taking a long swig of his coffee. "I can see your smile," Lewis commented.

Narco choked, coughing, as he tried to breathe while Lewis half-heartedly patted his back.

"Thanks for almost killing me," This statement had no anger, only showing playfulness — hinted by the mischievous glint in Narco's brown eyes.

"You're welcome," Lewis played along, letting a grin slip. Narco turned the TV on.

"Oh my," Lewis gasped dramatically when Fifty Shades showed itself on the screen. "Not as innocent as I thought you were." He commented as Narco rolled his eyes. "Full of surprises," He added, which made Narco smirk. It took a moment for Lewis to register the sound of his words and he blushed instantly.

"Oh, shut up." Was all Narco said while he browsed the movie options.

This moment seemed normal for the two. It felt like they had been friends for years. But they had just met a few weeks ago. Of course, not keeping in contact for a week was not great. The two felt a click of some sort when they first met. Lewis, being the anti-social one, enjoyed Narco's company and didn't feel agitated every time he spoke. It was more silence than talking, the balance drawing him in, silence capturing him as he watched fluttering movements.

Lewis gazed at the artist covered in paint, and realized that he was going to stain the couch.

"Narco," He softly said but with a tone that showed he wanted attention. The focused man hummed in response to his name. Narco liked the way his name rolled off Lewis' tongue. "You're going to ruin the couch," Lewis said and Narco's eyes widened in realization.

"Shit." He muttered and sprang to his feet. He was practically towering over the pale man. "Oh no," Narco desperately said as he looked at the splotches of paint on the couch. "I'm— I have to wash myself up. Sorry," His voice dropped along with his face.

"It's fine! I'll try to clean the couch," Lewis said and stood up. Narco apologetically smiled and disappeared into the kitchen, emerging with a ragged cloth in his hand. "I guess this is how we're spending our time." Lewis muttered without any ill intent.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Narco replied with a little hint of anger. Before Lewis could explain himself, Narco had disappeared to the bathroom door, which was shut loudly.