Chapter 1- My Now Ex- Boyfriend

The last song (Above)

Chapter 1- My Now Ex- Boyfriend

Amber P.O.V-

My father always said 'you fight with fear, you fight to loose' but my father was the most scared man i knew. That's why he lost his wife, his family and his life.

You could say that this is what my father lived by, he tried to make me live the same way but why would i want to be like him. Someone who was abandoned, someone who was a shell of them self, someone who took the cowards way out.

Dahlia and i moved to America when he left us. I've managed to get money from odd jobs but when the money runs low is when i get really desperate. It's caused me to do a few things i'm not proud of, but it's all for her, Dahlia.

No, she's not my sister or daughter. She's my two year old niece. I've looked after her since she was born. My step-brother, Brandon had her when he was sixteen. My mother, his step-mother didn't want the child. Somehow she managed to convince Paul, Brandon's dad to not allow Dahlia in there house. Much to Brandons dismay.

My mother has somehow managed to get Paul wrapped around her little finger. So when Dahlia was born they vanished. Even Dahlia's mother, Brandon's ex-girlfriend Rebecca was convinced to give her up. She was so close to putting her up for adoption when i stepped in.

I kept Brandon updated, sending him pictures as she grew up, but about a year ago we lost contact. For some unknown reason he was never allowed to tell me where he was, I just assumed he was somewhere in England. So i wouldn't be able to visit him anyway.

You could say that i was forced to grow up quickly, well i had to considering i was a fourteen year old raising a new born baby. I didn't mind though, Dahlia became the center of my world, my main priority.

I'm now seventeen and go to high school, with my best friend Stacy. We met on my first day of school, when i accidentally spilled a milkshake on her. We've been friends ever since. You could consider us popular, i mean other people do. Stacy and i have a little band and we tend to sing at parties. Which i guess is where this story begins.

Stacy and i were getting ready for the last party before school. It's a tradition, apparently in this school a party is held on the same day every year. No matter what and it's always held at the lake.

The lake is deep in the forest. It's actually one of my favorite places in this town.

So here i was attempting to curl Stacy's long blond hair as Dahlia tugged on my leg.

"No leave, No leave!" She chanted. A pout playing on her lips, her arms were now crossed over her chest and her brown hair fell over her face.

"If your really good for Miss Williams, i'll take you too the park sometime this week OK?" I bribed, this worked as a large smile spread on her face. Miss Williams is my neighbor, she loves little kids. She was never able to have kids any of her own, so she offers to take care of other people's kids. She's a really nice old lady.

"I good, I good now" She ran to the bed and began to climb on it, i turned my attention back to Stacy.

"Is that how you raise her, by making deals?" She asked amused.

"It's the only way she'll listen. Don't judge me" I laughed doing my finishing touches.

"I still don't know how you did it. I can barely look after myself, let alone someone else." She stood up looking at her hair in the mirror.

Which is when we heard a bang. I whipped my head around to see Dahlia sprawled out on the floor in a fit of giggles.

"Oopsie." She giggled sitting up.

"Little Lia what are we going to do with you huh?" I smiled down at her, she shrugged her shoulders before running out the room.

"I'm going to get you little monster." Stacy called to her before running after her.

"I cookie monster." Dahlia screamed in excitement. My eyes widen in alarm.

"No, not the cookie jar." I shouted running to the kitchen.

The jar was open and Dahlia was standing there with a sheepish look on her face. Crums covered the bottom half of her face.

"Again. You know you don't sleep when you eat cookies. I guess you're like me in that way" I sighed. Good luck Miss Williams.

I dropped of Dahlia, then i drove Stacy and i to the lake. We were both dressed in black shorts and white tops, are hair was curled and we had on light makeup.

"Hey, you made it." Said Danny, my boyfriend, he put an arm around me and kissed me on the cheek. I tried not to be sick, as i lightly pulled away.

I grabbed Stacy and pushed her towards the stage.

"Hi everyone." I greeted. "You know what skip the formalities and go have fun." I earned a few cheers.

Me and Stacy picked up our guitars and began to sing our songs. Our performance went in a flash and before i knew it we was on our last song. The one i was most nervous for.

"We have one more song." Stacy began.

"This one is to my boyfriend, Danny." I said gesturing to him. He was standing with his friends from the football team. His attention turned to me.

We began the song and i wanted to laugh at his shocked facial expression, he should of seen it coming. The song drew to a close.

"So my now ex- boyfriend, go run along and have fun with Brandy." I smirked, as he walked away from the party.

Me and Stacy hopped of the stage, and walked towards the drinks table. I heard the DJ's music start playing as we walked.

"You alright ?" She asked concerned. I've known he was cheating on me for a while, i was trying to figure out the best way tom break up with him. So in that time i got over it.

"Never better." I smiled, and that was the truth. I felt a sense of freedom, a weight lifted of my shoulder.

We danced for hours and let the alcohol mess with our heads. I was returning to the drinks table, when i walked into a hard body.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" The voice mumbled.

I looked up at the brunet looking down at me. His brown eyes widened as we made eye contact.

He held his hand out, to help me up. Which i took gladly. I held in a gasp as our skin touched, bolts of electricity shooting up and down my arm.

He muttered something, the music surrounding us made it impossible to here.

"What was that?" I asked loudly.

"Are you okay?" He asked louder. Even if i didn't hear him i knew the word he said only had one syllable, but what reason would he have to lie.

"I'm fine,but i better get back to my friend." I played along with his lie. His eyes showed disappointment at the thought of my absents

With those last words i danced of to Stacy.

~Author Note~

This is the first chapter, hope you like it. Another chapter will be up soon. So until next time, Bye...