Chapter 13- Your son

Xavier P.O.V-

Brandon and I finished working and decided to play video games in my room. It was a normal night but I couldn't help but feel like something bad was happening. My wolf was pacing and whining in my head, he knew something was off.

Something's wrong. He growled, annoyed at how little he knew.

My mind drifted to Amber. She was out with Dom, Tommy and Tim. They were at some concert Tommy had found, I hope she was having a good time.

"When you meet your mate, do you think that you'll spend all your time with her?" I asked Brandon.

He froze for a second at my question, I brushed it of thinking that he was sad about not meeting her yet.

"Oh uh. Well I guess if my mates human I'd ease into the relationship." He explained not taking his eyes of the screen where we were playing Fifa. He sighed and paused the game, putting down the controller. "I have to tell you something, my mates a g-"

The door slammed open, cutting Brandon off. Dominic, Tommy and Tim stood in the doorway panicked. No Amber.

As I looked at Tim I noticed his eyes were red and puffy, and his cheeks were stained with tears. Tommy had watery eyes as he looked at us with guilt. Dom looked worried with a hint of fear in his eyes.

Brandon and I stood up at their sudden entranced, both of us were confused. My main concern was that Amber was nowhere to be seen.

"What happened?" I asked them.

Dom swallowed nervously before speaking. "Something happened."

"What?" Brandon pushed him for answers.

"Um Tristan he..." Dominic trailed.

"He what?" I was getting annoyed at their lack of an explanation.

"He took Amber." Tommy exclaimed.

The whole room fell silent as Brandon and I processed this information. My wolf howled in pain at this news.

I felt my heart beat speed up as I thought about my mate. My sweet, intelligent, beautiful mate who I loved. She was in danger, I didn't protect her. I failed.

Amber P.O.V-

My legs started to hurt from the constant running. I could here Tristan shouting as he chased me. A bang echoed through the forest. A gun. Someone had shot at me. It missed by around a foot but it was still close enough to scare the life out of me.

I pulled to a stop at the edge of a cliff, I looked down at the waves crashing against the cliff and a few large rocks.

"Aw did you escape plan fail." Tristan's cousin pouted at me. I chose not to respond, instead my eyes focused on the rifle in her hands.

"Brittany shut up." He hissed at her. "Now darling come back with us and no one will get hurt."

Brittany rose the gun so it was aimed at me, she winked and a smirk spread on her face.

So I had two choices. 1) Go with them and be tortured then killed or 2) jump in the water and risk death. Well, I chose the second option. As I jumped in the air another shot fired this time it clipped the top of my arm. I hit the water hard and swam to the top gasping for breath.

It took me a while to swim to shore, especially with an injured arm. Once I was on land I found a road. Thankfully a road sign reminded me of where I was. I was surprisingly close to the pack house. It was only a five to ten minute walk. I clutched onto my arm hoping to somehow stop the bleeding.