Chapter 17- Hi Dad

Chapter 17- Hi Dad

Amber P.O.V-

It had been a few days I was no longer ill and ready to go back to school. However Xavier was trying to keep me at home for as long as possible.

"Honestly, I'm fine. I don't feel ill at all." I told him.

"No. Give it a few more days." He told me. "It's cold out, I don't want you to become ill again."

"Fine." I said with a shrug, pulling the duvet back over my body.

"I'll come and see you straight after school." He smiled and I nodded. He placed a kiss on my forehead before leaving. As soon as I heard the door shut I jumped out of bed and quickly got changed heading to school.

I made sure the coast was clear as I entered the large building sneaking off to class, I was late but at least this way I wouldn't get caught.

"Thank God you're here." Stacy said as I sat in the seat next to her. "I could not handle another day with no one to sit with."

"What about Tommy?" I asked her grabbing a pen from my bag.

"He's doing some Gamma training thing." She explained leaning back in her chair.

"Well then, what do you say we do something tonight?" She nodded at my suggestion.

***

Lunch time rolled around and I was slightly nervous to see Xavier. I had managed to avoid him all day but I knew I would see him now.

"Let's go out for lunch today." I said picking my bag of the floor and throwing it over my shoulder.

"We're not seniors." Stacy told me as we walked out of class with Tommy.

"We could sneak out with the cheerleaders." I suggested.

"You really don't want to see Xavier do you?" Tommy laughed placing his arm around Stacy's shoulders.

"It's just, he'll be mad that I'm not at home and I can't be bothered with that right now." I explained.

"I get that." Stacy shrugged. "But we're not going out." I groaned as we walked to the cafeteria.

We spotted Brandon sitting down at our usual table. Alone. We all sat down but he didn't look up from his phone.

"Where's Xavier?" Tommy asked.

"He felt bad that he made Amber stay home so he went to go see her." He mumbled.

"What!" I exclaimed.

"Oh hey Amber." Brandon looked up at me wide eyed. "Amber!"

He started talking to me but I wasn't listening. Tim was going to let Xavier in and I wouldn't be there but I had to be there. I told him I would be there.

"Drive me." I interrupted whatever Brandon was saying.

He pulled his keys out of the car park and followed me out of the school.

"Are you just driving me so you can see Tim?" I asked him with a smile.

"Shut up!" He growled at me. There was a moment of silence as we got into the car. "Thank you." He mumbled so quietly that I thought I heard him wrong.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"Thanks for getting Tim to spend the night with me." He said.

"It's not like it took much convincing." I laughed. We arrived at my apartment building after a few minutes.