Chapter 25 -To The Hospital

Chapter 25 - To The Hospital

Amber P.O.V-

I sang at her funeral. It was hard but I did it. I even wrote a speech. 

It had been two weeks since the attack and the pack had recovered. I on the other hand was not even close. 

"Amber, time to wake up." Xavier ran his fingers through my hair.

"No." I pulled the duvet over me more. 

"Come on. You're going back to school today remember." I groaned sitting up. 

He smiled slightly. Xavier has been walking on eggshells around me. It was getting quite annoying. 

"Fine." I got up getting ready for school. 

"How are you feeling Amber?" Stacy has got to be the worst one. She thought I was going to breakdown any second. 

"Stacy!" Tommy snapped. Tommy has been the most awkward person. "Don't remind her."

"It's not like she's forgotten that her-" Stacy was cut off.  

"Shut up." Brandon growled at them. 

Brandon has been the best. He's going through the same thing so we have an understanding. Well the understanding is to never speak of it. 

Tim wrapped an arm around Brandon's waist and smiled at him reassuringly. I hadn't spoken to Tim much I think he was focused on Brandon.

"Let's go." Xavier picked up his keys. 

I don't think Xavier knew what to do and I don't blame him. Neither of Xavier's parents had died, so he didn't know what to do. I could tell he was trying. 

I nodded following him into the car. He smiled weakly at me before grabbing my hand. 

"You know what, why don't we just stay home? We can watch some movies, eat junk food..." He trailed off. 

"No." I rested my head on the seat. "I need to go back to school." 

He smiled at me starting the car and driving towards the school.

Part of me forgot that the werewolves from the neighboring pack would be aware of my mum's death. So I was greeted by more sympathetic looks than expected. 

"Ready?" Xavier asked placing an arm over my shoulder. 

"Yeah." I nodded.

***

We were all sat around the table at the cafeteria talking about pointless things. 

"Xavier mum said she wants us to eat dinner with her and dad tonight." Tommy told him before turning to me. "Oh and my mum invited you too." 

"Ok." I mumbled picking at my food. 

"Oh god." Tommy gasped. "I shouldn't have mentioned mother's. I'm so so sorry." 

I almost wanted to laugh at his panic. "It's fine Tommy. You didn't do anything."

Tommy began to ramble about nonsense and about that if he was me he would be offended. His speech ended with this. "And that's why this is Trump's fault." 

"You're an idiot." Xavier laughed. 

"I'm smarter than you." Tommy crossed his arms. 

"You know what I'll give you that." Xavier pointed at him. "But when It comes to common sense I'm smarter. 

"Really? Tommy's smarter than you?" I asked Xavier. 

"He's freakishly good at math." I nodded at Xavier's words. That was true.