Chapter 11- Mate

Chapter 11- Mate

Amber P.O.V-

I groaned placing my head on the table.

Tommy laughed. "This is why humans shouldn't drink."

I looked up and glared at him, Brandon shook his head at me. "Your not 21, you shouldn't drink."

"Oh yeah and you've never had alcohol." I stated.

"Well that's different. Werewolves can't die from alcohol poisoning." He looked at me with a disapproving expression.

"Well i'm fine." I replied. "I can handle a few drinks."

"Oh really." He shouted in my ear, and I groaned clutching my head.

"Brandon easy, nothing happened." Xavier hopped down the stairs.

"Shut up Xavier, you are the one who should be the most annoyed right now." Brandon argued. "She walked home! Something could of happened."

I could see his hand clench into a fist. "But nothing did, and Tommy was there." He said through deep breaths.

"Cookies!" Dahlia and Mikey ran into the living room. I groaned again at their high pitched squeals.

"Hey guys, shh." Tommy quieted them. They looked up confused. "Amber has a bit of a headache." Dahlia pouted hugging my leg.

"Come on lets go to the park." Brandon picked her up, she giggled as he swung her around.

"Xavy I want to ride your wolfie." Mikey said tugging at his shirt.

"Just let me finish eating." He told him eating another spoon full of cereal.

"I want to ride a wolf." Dahlia squealed. "Can I ride your wolf?" She looked up at me with a hopeful expression.

"Oh honey, I don't have a wolf." She pouted again at this. "But you know who does?" She shook her head. "Your daddy."

"Daddy! Wolfie." She hugged him.

"Alright lets go outside." Brandon said, Xavier followed him and scooped up Mikey.

I watched from the window as they both shifted, as Tommy likes to put it. I smiled when Dahlia laughed as Brandon slowly jogged on the grass. Xavier was moving slightly faster, Mikey and him must do this quite often.

"What'd you think?" Tommy asked from behind me, I didn't take my eyes of them.

"I could get used to this." I turned to him, he grinned widely. "Eventually." I finished, his smile didn't falter.

***

"Get back here!" I shouted for Dahlia, ran as fast as she could out the room. Completely naked. I went to chase her but slipped on the puddle of water on the ground. I groaned tiredly, not moving of the ground.

"You alright?" Xavier was stood in the doorway with a slight smile.

"My back is soaking wet." I complained as he pulled me up. He laughed at me.

"So um, can I have your number? You know in case of an emergency." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well I would give you my number, but I don't have a phone." I replied shrugging. "Anyway I need to catch a child."

I found Dahlia with Brandon in the living room, he told me he would sought her out so I chose to visit Tim.

"Hey, how you doing?" I asked pulling up the seat next to the bed.