Chapter 12- You get me

Amber P.O.V-

"Amber Matthews, report to the principles office." A voice said through the intercom. Everyone in my class turned to look at me, they all whispered about how much trouble I was in. (Can't remember if I mentioned her last name, If I did tell me.)

I grabbed my stuff and said goodbye to Tommy. I walked to the office and found the coach sitting in the office, the principle was nowhere to be seen.

"Hi coach?" I asked him confused.

"You've been gone for weeks. You've missed a lot of cheerleader and track practices." He looked up.

"I know sorry coach." I apologized.

"I should kick you off the teams." He stood up, I watched him with wide eyes. "But I can't. Lisa's injured so she can't run for weeks and Sophie's out of cheer for months maybe permanently. So I need you, but if you miss another practice you out." I nodded gratefully.

"Wait, Sophie's cheer captain." I stated.

"Yep, and you co-captain. So congratulations on your promotion." I smiled widely at this. Cheerleader captain will look great on my college application. As I left the bell rang signaling lunch.

I sit at a table scrolling through my phone. After a minute or two Brandon and Xavier sat down with me. They both greeted me with a smile.

"Can you pick Dahlia up today?" I asked Brandon.

"I would but I've got football. Why can't you?" He asked biting into his sandwich.

"I've got cheerleading." I told him taking a sip of my drink.

"Your a cheerleader?" Xavier asked impressed.

"Yup, and captain starting today." I told him, he grinned. "Speaking of." I got up and walked to where I saw Sophie. She had just entered the cafeteria with a friend.

"Hey Sophie." She smiled when she saw me. Let me explain, in most movies the head cheerleader is normally some mean girl but Sophie is the opposite she's one of the nicest people I've met.

"Hi Amber." She said. Her friend had walked of to sit with their friends, the other cheerleaders.

"I spoke to coach. You won't be cheering for months? What happened?" I asked. She looked down slightly afraid.

"I'm pregnant." She whispered. I looked at her with wide eyes. Sophie had been with her boyfriend since the first year of middle school. Jackson, her boyfriend, also does track with me so me and him were kinda friends.

"Wow. Congratulations." She smiled at my response.

"Yeah, I'm excited. Jack wants a boy but I don't care." You could see she was happy, the whole school would support her if she needed it.

Jackson jogged over and wrapped and arm around Sophie's shoulder, he smiled at me.

"So why do you want a boy?" I questioned, his smile widened at the mention of his baby.

"Well we'd have more in common, I wouldn't know what to do with a girl." I nodded, it made sense. "Oh, coach called a track meeting we've got to go."

I nodded and helped him collect the other members. We walked to the bleachers where all meetings were held.

"I can't believe Lisa's injured." I told Jackson.

"Wait really?" I nodded. "How long?"

"Weeks." He winced. "Saved me from getting off the team though."