Chapter 20 - Halloween

Xavier P.O.V-

"This is stupid." Tommy mumbled sitting on a couch. I sat next to him.

"Why are they taking so long?" I asked no one in particular.

"Guys this party is great!" Brandon exclaimed arriving with four cups of beers.

"Oh you got us drinks thanks." I reached out for one but he jumped away spilling some of the drink.

"These are all mine." He clutched them to his chest before laughing.

"Are you drunk already?" Tommy raised an eyebrow.

"You're drunk." Brandon slurred.

"We've been here for half an hour." I watched him carefully.

"Yeah but me and Amber were-" He looked around. "Somewhere."

"Amber's here already?" I stood up. "Yeah she's over there."

I followed where he was looking. I spotted a girl dressed in a dress which was a bit to revealing. My wolf didn't know whether to purr in happiness of her being here or growl in anger that other males had seen her like this.

I quickly walked over wrapping my arms around her waist making her jump. She turned around in my arms smiling at me.

"Hey." I placed a chaste kiss on her lips.

"Hi." She grinned.

"Why didn't you come and see me?" I asked her.

"I was going to but then I saw Brandon getting high with the druggie kids." She explained.

"He what?" I looked at her confused.

"I was surprised too." She nodded.

"He must of done a lot. We aren't effected as easily." We rushed over to him. Tim was examining Brandon as he was laughing, there faces were half a foot away from each other.

"What's wrong with him?" Tim asked us.

"He's high." Amber stated looking at his bloodshot eyes.

"What! Why?" Tim watched him cautiously.

"No!" Brandon mumbled suddenly tired. "I didn't have much. Not enough to be like this."

Tommy had remained sitting watching us but when Brandon began to fall he caught him before he could hit the ground. Brandon had passed out, both Amber and Tim had a panicked look on their faces.

I crouched down as Tommy laid him on the ground. I opened is eyes to look at his now dilated pupils. Brandon started to choke on his vomit.

"Pack hospital. Lets go." Tommy and I both wrapped an arm of his over our shoulders so we could carry him to the car. Tim followed us quickly in concern.

"I'm going to find Stacy and we'll meet you there." Amber told me walking away.

We rushed him to the pack hospital waiting outside. Tim was upset and rightfully so. He had his head in his hands as he sat in the uncomfortable hospital chairs in the corridor. I sat on the ground staring at the floor. Tommy was sat next to Tim on the phone to Brandon's dad.

I spotted a doctor walking out of his room so I stood up rushing towards her.

"Alpha." She bowed her head in submission.

"How is he?" I asked immediately.

"He had wolfsbane in his blood, we have got most of it out however we will have to wait for the rest to work it's way out of his system." I growled at her words.