Epilogue

Epilogue-

This chapter will be longer and has a lot of time jumps. :) 

Amber P.O.V-

 Our baby has been in the NICU for eight days now and their have been complications but he was progressing. It took us five days but we finally decided on his name, Zoltan. It was a weird name but it suited him. Plus we got to the end of a baby book and we still hadn't found anything and we both didn't hate the name.

As we entered the unit we were greeted with the best news I've heard all week.

"Congratulations, you can take him home today." Zoltan's nurse smiled.

"Really?" Xavier asked in disbelief. 

At this point we had held him quite a few times but no where as near as much as we wanted. He was still small but we no longer thought we was going to break him, well at least I don't. Xavier still thinks he would break if he hugged Zoltan too tight. 

"Yes really, here's all his information." She handed Xavier a small stack of papers. "And you can take him as soon as you're ready."

"We can take him home right this second?" I questioned and she nodded. 

The nurse told us about possible signs that his condition is declining or if he is to small. After a while we filled out some forms and he was free to go. We thanked the staff who had helped us as the nurse put Zoltan in the car seat which Xavier had ran to the car to fetch. She handed Xavier the car seat and we left the hospital. 

"I can't believe it." I said as I stared at Xavier holding our son. 

"Me neither." He grinned as we reach the car. 

"Try not to wake him." I tell Xavier as he straps in the car seat. 

We had practiced putting in the car seat a lot but we have obviously never done it with an actual baby. Once he was in I sat with him in the back as Xavier drove.

"This is nerve wracking."  Xavier mumbled. "The two most important people in my life are relying on me." 

"Relax, pretend he's not here." I told him. 

We finally got to home after Xavier's slow and cautious drive. We realized we hadn't told anyone that we was bringing Zoltan home. We walked in to find Brandon and Tim in the living room, this time I was holding the car seat. 

"Hey." Brandon smiled. The couch was blocking their view of the car seat. "You're back early, how's Zoltan?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Xavier smiled as I lifted the car seat higher so they could see it.

They both jumped up approaching us. "I swear to god if you're pranking me and it's empty... Oh my God." Tim spoke as he saw our son. 

Only Brandon, Paul and Xavier's parents had seen him. However none of them have held him. Xavier was extra protective of Zoltan because of how small he is.

"Hey buddy." Brandon smiled reaching to grab his small fist. "It's so great to see you again." 

Brandon looked up at us. "He's got so much bigger." We both nodded in agreement. 

We got Zoltan out of his car seat. Xavier was hesitant to pass his son to Brandon but he eventually did. 

"I'm you uncle." He cooed at our son. "Yes I am, yes I am." 

"I love him." Tim stood by Brandon's side gawking at the baby in front of him. "And may I add you look so sexy holding a baby." 

"Tim, don't flirt in front of my son." Xavier crossed his arms.