Chapter 28 - Pregnant

Xavier P.O.V-

"So where do you want to go?" I asked Amber.

"What?" She lifted her head off my shoulder. 

"Where do you want to go? Or we could stay in?" 

"We haven't gone out in weeks, we should probably go do something." She mumbled. It had been three weeks since Amber woke up in hospital.

"It's Friday night, we need to go out." Stacy complained as she walked into the room. 

"Where do you want to go?" I asked her. 

"There's a party." Stacy suggested. 

"We could go there." Amber shrugged. 

Brandon and Tim entered the room, Tim had Dahlia on his hip. 

"AMBY!" She shouted. She wiggled until Tim let her down before she ran to my mate. 

As she got close to Amber she looked at her face before screaming and running away. My eyes widened and I placed my arm over Amber's shoulders. Amber looked down sadly. 

"Dahlia!" Brandon snapped at her. "Upstairs now!" He ordered her. 

Dahlia began to cry. She looked around to see if anyone was going to soothe her. 

"Upstairs." Brandon pointed up the stairs. 

Dahlia began to cry even more as she ran up the stairs. 

"On second thought I don't feel like going out." Amber stood up walking out of the house and slamming the door behind her. 

"I'll go talk to Dahlia." Stacy and Tim ran up the stairs. 

I sighed in annoyance. Brandon sat down next to me. 

"Do you want to talk to Amber or should I?" Brandon asked me. 

"I will." I mumbled standing up and following the direction Amber went. 

I walked outside and spotted her sitting on the grass, with someone next to her. 

"She saw me then screamed." I heard Amber's choked voice. 

"Amber..." Dominic's voice trailed off. "I know it's not the same but it took Parker a long time to treat me as his Dad, he didn't know who I was. Dahlia just doesn't recognize you at the moment, she'll be back to normal in no time. She's probably just scared that you're hurt."

I walked towards them, Dominic was first to notice my presence. He stood up startled. 

"Hi Xavier." He greeted me. 

"Dominic." I mumbled with a slight nod. I crouched down next to Amber. "Hey Amber." 

She looked at me tears rolling down her cheeks. "Xavier." She cried tackling me in a hug. 

"It's all okay, you're fine, everything's fine." I stroked her hair as she cried into my chest. 

"She screamed." She sobbed. 

"She's young, she just doesn't understand." I told her. 

"Do I look so bad that people will scream at the sight of me?" Her voice muffled by my torso. 

My eyes watered. "You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen, and you will always be the most beautiful person I have ever seen." 

"You have to say that, cause of the mate bond thing." She muttered angrily.