Chapter 4 - DAD KILLED HIMSELF!

Amber P.O.V-

"I hate you so much right now!" I exclaimed to Brandon.

"Nah, you love me." He smirked.

"Stop fighting!" Dahlia said annoyed.

Brandon had literally dragged me into the car. He was forcing me to see my mum, and i had been complaining the whole time. We were now parked in the driveway, and he was once again dragging me out the car.

"Fine! Just don't expect me to be nice." I sighed.

"I didn't think you would be." He responded walking into the house, or should i say mansion.

It was a huge house surrounded my smaller houses. This one in the middle of the small village. This little town was located in the middle of the woods.

"Hey Amber." Someone said once i walked through the door, Xavier. He almost seemed nervous. "I snuck into the office and found your name." He continued. I smiled at the amount of effort he put into finding out something about me.

"You know i would of told you my name eventually." I laughed.

"Better safe than sorry." He grinned. "Aw Dahlia's back" He cooed walking towards Brandon who was holding her.

She looked up at Xavier with a goofy smile. "I found daddy." She giggled.

"Yeah, i see that." He chuckled. My heart swelled at the sight of Xavier getting along with Dahlia. "What you doing here?"

"Daddy's making Amby talk to grandma." Dahlia said, holding her arms out to him. He took her from Brandon and bounced her in his arms.

"I'll look after her for a bit if you want?" Xavier offered.

"That would be great." Brandon said pulling me out the room.

We walked into an office. The walls were painted red and there was a lot of oak furnishings dotted around. Sitting in a large leather chair was Paul, and on the opposite side of the desk was my mother, Patricia.

Both there heads turned to Brandon and i as we walked in. Paul smiled politely at us both. Honestly i always liked Paul, he was nice and polite. It's not his fault she abandoned me.

Patricia looked me up and down, until realization spread over her face. It's sad that Paul new who i was before my own mother could figure it out. She stood up, and smiled weakly at me.

I kept my face mutual, because if i didn't she would be able to see all the hurt she caused me. All the feelings i pushed back were now weighing me down.

"Honey, i barely recognized you." Patricia said, tears building in her eyes.

"Well you would know what i looked like if you stuck around." I spat at her. Rolling my eyes at her shocked expression.

"It's not like that, really!" She begged.

"How is it not like that? You abandoned me?" I raised my voice.

" There's things you don't know, you have no idea how messed up everything is." She raised her voice to match mine.

"You think you can talk about messed. You convinced everyone around you to hate Brandon's daughter, you left me with an unstable father and fled the country." I argued.

"You don't understand-" She was cut of.

"Then tell me. Why can't you give me a reason as to why you left?" I shouted.

"Bad things would of happened to Paul, if i didn't go with him." She answered. This is ridiculous what would of happened if she didn't marry Paul? My mother left her husband of 17 years for Paul someone she knew for a year at the time.

"Bad things happened at home too you know." I said quieting down slightly.

"You had your father, you were fine." She insisted, still really loud

"DAD KILLED HIMSELF!" I shouted finally. Shocking everyone. No one knew about dad's suicide, not even Brandon. It was only a month after Mum left. Brandon and i were still in contact, but i just didn't want to burden him. "And it's all your fault." I said slowly, looking my mother in the eye.

She raised her hand, and slapped me. My head whipped to the side from the force of the hit. As tinging sensation left on my cheek, and i bet there is a red mark as well. I felt a liquid trickle down my face, i raised my hand and touched it slightly. As i retracted my arm i could see blood covering my palm. One of mum's rings cut me.

I turned my head and smirked at her. Her eyes were wide in anger, her cheeks puffed and red. Her brown hair was messed up and she had a few tears going down her face. I shook my head in amusement, she kind of looked like a chipmunk. Brandon and Paul watch me like i'm crazy, while Patricia's face stayed the same.

I waved them of and walked out the room, which turned into a sprint. I slid down the stairs railing and landed in the living room. I could see Dahlia and Xavier sitting around the coffee table coloring. I sat down next to them, grabbed a piece of paper and started drawing.

Xavier had stopped and was looking at me, but Dahlia still had her head down and was coloring in a princess.

"What happened?" Xavier asked concerned.

"Nothing why?" I questioned.

"You cheek." He stated pulling up of the ground. He touched my cut, then looked at the blood on his hand.

"Oh yeah. I nearly forgot about that." Ok that was a lie, i was just hopping he wouldn't notice.

"How can you forget there is blood pouring down your face." He exaggerated, leading me to a bathroom. Dahlia followed us curiously.

He sat me down on the toilet lid, and started to search through the cabinet.

"Dammit why don't we have a first aid kit?" He shouted slamming the cabinet closed, cracking the glass.

"There's one in my bag, i have one in case Dahlia gets hurt." I said . He instantly rushed out the door, returning with a clear bag. Filled with plasters, bandages and wet wipes.

He pulled out a wipe and started to clear the blood from my face. As he grazed over my cut i winced, he instantly froze. He looked into my eyes. His face was filled with worry.

"I am so sorry." He said genuinely.

"It's not that bad, just stings a little. Carry on." I wanted to laugh but i could tell he wasn't in the mood for jokes. "You sure?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure." I smiled reassuringly. This caused him to relax and continue to tend to my wound.

He finished by placing a plaster on my cheek before letting me stand up.

"Who did it?" His eyes darkening, his voice was almost like a growl.

"Patricia." I said simple. His eyes were black now and without a word he stormed out the room and towards my mother.