Chapter 32 - What's Wrong?

Xavier P.O.V-

"Hi Xavier." Tim smiled at me as I entered the living room. 

"Hey." I replied with a sigh. I flopped down onto the sofa.

"Are you alright?" He asked me closing the text book in his hands.

"I didn't get much sleep, Amber was throwing up all morning." I ran a hand through my hair. I wish she didn't have to go through this. 

"Is she okay now?" He asked me. 

I nodded. "She's resting." 

"Why don't you do back to sleep as well?" He questioned. 

"I'm going to make her breakfast in bed." I stood up. 

"Can I help? I've never cooked a meal." Tim stood up excited. 

I hesitated. "Uh, sure."

***

Well this went as expected. Tim burnt his arm which distracted me from cooking and this resulted in the whole meal looking like charcoal. 

"Keep running it under water." I told him as I threw away the breakfast. 

"How did you even do that?" Amber had woken up during the commotion and was now sitting on a counter watching us. 

"I was taking the sausages out of the oven." Tim's voice wobbled as tears rolled down his cheeks. 

"Five more minutes." Amber told him looking at the timer she had set on her phone. Apparently you had to run a burn under cold water for twenty minutes. 

"What's going on here?" My eyes widened as Brandon entered the room. I just knew he was going to blame me. 

"Tim burnt his arm." Amber informed her brother.

"WHAT!" Brandon exclaimed, he was soon by Tim's side. 

"It's okay, it's not that bad." Tim mumbled.

"Any injury you have is bad in my eyes Tim." Brandon snapped. 

I nodded in agreement and glanced towards Amber. 

"Xavier could you get some cling film and paracetamol please." Amber read off her phone.

I nodded fetching the items from the cupboards. I had recently brought a load of medicines as we now had humans living with us. 

"Here." I passed the items to Amber. She hopped of the counter and walked towards Tim. 

I watched as she gave Tim a pill before wrapping the material around his arm. 

***

Amber P.O.V-

"I'm going to need to get new clothes." I said looking through the clothes in the wardrobe. 

"Well that's obvious." Xavier replied from where he was sitting on the bed ready to sleep. 

"Huh?" I turned to him. 

"You're going to start getting fat." He didn't look up from his phone. 

"What?" I asked through gritted teeth.

He looked up with wide eyes. "I just mean with the baby you'll be gaining a lot of weight. In fact I think you've already started to gain extra pounds."

My jaw became slack. "You're unbelievable!" I slammed the door shut as I left the room.

I heard him call my name but I ignored it. I marched down to the kitchen before getting a glass of water.