The Six of Us?

I'm reading my book about a girl in the seventeenth century, who wishes to be a well-known artist like her father, so she dresses up like a man to fool the world. I'm deeply inside the world of imagination, barely noticing the presence of someone standing behind me.

"Fate. I was starting to think you'd forgotten about me." I say, still reading. "I could never forget about you, your majesty. You're too important of a guest to forget." He says. "Please, Fate. You don't have to be so formal. It's alright for you to call me Esmeralda. After all, I am staying in your tower." I reply, setting my book aside.

"What is wrong? I sense something is troubling you." I say, standing from the couch to look at him. He shakes his head. "It is nothing, my dear. Just an important discovery made by your new team mates." He replies. "Come, shall we go meet them?" He asks, taking my hand. I nod, closing my eyes as he takes us to our destination.

"This cave was the original secret sanctuary of the Justice League. We're calling it into service again. Since you four are determined to stay together and fight the good fight, you'll do it on League terms." I hear a voice say, and I look to see Batman, a few other Leaguers, and a couple of kids standing in the middle of the room. I go to walk over to them, but Fate stops me with his hand on my shoulder. "Not yet, Esmeralda." He tells me. I nod.

"Red Tornado volunteered to live here and be your supervisor. Black Canary's in charge of training. I will deploy you on missions." Batman says. "Real missions?" A boy asks, he has black hair, and sunglasses are hiding his eyes. Based on my knowledge of the Leaguers and their 'sidekicks', I'm guessing that that's Robin. "Yes, but covert." Batman answers.

Flash continues with, "The League will still handle the obvious stuff. There's a reason we have these big targets on our chests." "But Cadmus proves the bad guys are getting smarter." Aquaman says, "Batman needs a team that can operate on the sly." "The six of you will be that team." Batman says.

"Cool! Wait. Six?" Robin asks, confused. Batman gestures to turn around, and when they all do, a Martian girl walks out of the shadows with Manhunter. "This is the Martian Manhunter's niece, Miss Martian." "Hi." She says shyly, waving. "Liking this gig more every minute." Kid Flash, I'm guessing because of the hair, says, before proving that I'm right, and walking over to her, saying, "Uh, welcome aboard. I'm Kid Flash. That's Robin, Aqualad. It's cool if you forget their names." I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm honored to be included." Miss Martian says as they walk up to them. "Wait." Robin says. "Miss Martian makes five of us. Who's the sixth?" He asks. That's when Dr. Fate and I walk out of the shadows, my hood up and my mask on, standing to the side of the two martians.

"This is Dracona. A good friend of mine." Fate says, gesturing to me. I nod to them all. I see Black Canary and Flash narrow their eyes at me. Of course they still don't trust me. "It's a pleasure to meet you all." I say. They all look surprised at the sound of my voice. I look at them all and see that Aqualad, or so I'm guessing that's who he is, is staring at me in wonder. Robin turns around. "Hey Superboy. Come meet Miss M and Dracona." He calls out to the boy.

As he walks over, Miss Martian's shirt turns black, and her blue cape disappears. "I like your t-shirt." She tells him shyly. I smirk inwardly. Not even five minutes, and she's already got a crush. He smiles at her, before Robin elbows him. "Today is the day." Aqualad says, smiling at the three boys.

(A.N.: The picture is the mask she wears with her suit. Next chapter will be her cloak. Enjoy my lil duckies.)