A Gorilla And A Brain... Interesting...

It doesn't take long for us to find the others. Immediately, Aqualad relays what the plan is so far, and in a moment, we take off, eventually finding this strange facility building in a clearing. We all hide within the trees, checking to make sure the coast is clear. 'I'll fly over.' Miss Martian states. Kid Flash stops her. 'Negatory. The field extends like a dome over the whole compound.' 'Pylons are insulated, but one good shock could cause a momentary gap.' Robin adds.

'I see a target.' Artemis informs us. 'Then be ready to hit it. Be ready, all of you.' Aqualad advises before jumping down and running to the field. The black markings on his arms light up, and he places both hands onto the force field, a small hole opening up. 'Now!' Kid yells, and an arrow goes flying over Kaldur's head, into the dome, and hitting the wall of the building. She must have hit a button or something, because the shield goes down almost as soon as the arrow hits it's target.

We all start making our way over to the building, but Robin stops in front of me. I look above him and see an animal that I believe is called a monkey. He sees us, and wastes no time as he begins howling, acting as a security alarm. Real alarms start blaring, and even more monkeys start coming out.

I stand in a defensive pose, behind Robin and Artemis. I know I'm gonna have to fight, but I also know that if I do, there's a chance that my injuries will open back up again. I shake my head, snapping out of it as one of the monkeys launches itself at me. I duck down, watching it fly over me and crash into another one that was coming up behind me.

I glance over at the others for just a moment, and notice Kaldur slamming one of the monkeys down on the ground, then removing a collar from it's neck. It gets back up and runs into the forest. "Remove their collars!" He tells the others. I nod, looking at the two at my side. They start running towards me. I jump and flip over them, grabbing their collars, and smashing them as I go. Both go running just like the first.

"Sounds easy when he says it." I hear Robin grunting. I move over to him, and remove the collars while the monkeys are distracted with him. "I don't know. Seems pretty easy to me." I tell him, making sure my voice stays monotone. No use in trying to be his friend if he's still angry, so I might as well stay distant. It's always helped me keep from getting hurt. He stands up, giving me a bit of a dirty look, but not like the one he gave me back at the cave.

Suddenly, the doors open, revealing an even bigger monkey, with a red hat on his head. Gorilla. I correct myself. It turns around, grabbing thin air, which turns out to be M'gann. I start trying to run over to help her, injuries burning. I'm stopped, however, by Aqualad grabbing my elbow. I see Kid running over to help her instead. "Get your paws off her, you darn dirty ape." He yells.

I turn to Kaldur. "Why did you stop me, Aqualad?" I ask, gasping for breath. "You cannot take on a gorilla with your injuries." He tells me. I take my arm out of his grasp. "It doesn't matter whether I'm hurt or not. Everyone else comes before me. Always. I'd rather die than see my friends get hurt." I state, turning away to follow the others as M'gann throws the gorilla through the wall. I glance back at Aqualad to see him shake his head, following as well. Everyone stands in the entrance, and I instantly see Captain Marvel strapped to a table, and a brain that is inside this metal contraption.

"It's the brain!" Kid Flash yells. "Uh, I can see it's a brain." Artemis snaps. "Not a brain, The Brain." He corrects her. "In the flesh, so to speak." The machine answers. I stare at it in shock. "Mallah." The gorilla raises it's hand, where a remote lies. Suddenly, metallic poles rise up from the floor, emitting this strange blue force. Everyone collapses to the floor, paralyzed.

'Miss Martian, Superboy, now.' Aqualad orders. Miss M's eyes turn white, and the remote flies out of the gorilla's hand. It flies towards us until it hovers above Megan's head, then the little screen turns red, and the poles retreat back into the floor. Then, the wall on the opposite side of the room comes in, sending dust everywhere. When it clears, it reveals Superboy, his shirt ripped here and there, and a giant wolf behind him, snarling.

The wolf takes the first lunge at the gorilla, everyone taking a turn after. I hear something that sounds like glass breaking and see Aqualad running from The Brain as it shoots red blasts of energy at him. I jump up, flying forward as fast as I can, landing in front of the blast. It hits me instead of Kaldur, and I'm sent tumbling backwards.

"Thanks! Now, one good turn deserves another." I hear Marvel say, and I get back up to join the others as they circle the gorilla and The Brain. The gorilla roars angrily. "Try it. I hate monkeys." Superboy says, popping his knuckles. "I'm starting to hate them, too." I add.

"No Mallah, this will not be our Waterloo." Brain says, the mechanics on him moving around. "Au revoir, mes amis." He says. "Get down!" Kid yells. Then, the lights go out, and it's dark within the room.

A single light turns back on, revealing empty space where the two villains once were. The team drops their defenses. "Wait, that big weapon thing was... a light switch?" Kid asks, confused. He's not the only one.