You Are Not My Master!

I'm standing by M'gann on the top of the school, checking perimeter. It's been only a few hours since we left the cave, and everyone has been switching positions about every hour or so.

'Everyone online?' M'gann asks. I jump slightly. 'I've got to get used to that.' I think. 'Oh. This is weird.' Artemis thinks. 'And distracting. Coding a distributive algorithm virus on a kiddie computer with less ram than a wristwatch is hard enough. Now I have to hear teen-think in my skull?' Dr. Roquette asks. I'm staring at my surroundings confused. 'Am I the only one who barely understood what she just said?' No one answers me. 'Lady, do you always complain when someone tries to help you?' Kid asks. 'Pot, kettle. Have you met?' Artemis asks sarcastically.

'Hey. Hey, I do not need attitude from the newbie who drove Red Arrow off the team.' Kid remarks. 'That is so not on me.' 'The two of you, knock it of, or so help me, you'll both be limping when I'm done with you. You're giving me a headache.' I order them. 'She started it.' Kid states. 'Wow. The name "Kid" really suits you. How about you stop acting like a five year old. I don't care who started it, but I'm finishing it.' I tell him.

'Fate of the world at stake.' The Dr. reminds us. 'Sorry, ma'am.' I tell her. 'How 'bout I just help Miss Martian, Superboy, and Dracona patrol the perimeter?' She says. 'Good idea.' Aqualad states. 'You don't even start with the attitude.' I tell him. I can just tell he's got a look of surprise.

'You might cut her some slack. It was her arrow saved your butt against Amazo.' Robin advises Wally. 'What? No, that was Speedy's-I mean Red Arrow's arrow, right?' Wally argues. 'Not so much.' Robin replies. 'Humph. Well, still not giving her the satisfaction.' 'You know I can still hear you.' Artemis tells him.

'I couldn't get the Justice League.' Roquette thinks. 'The virus won't be of much use if we cannot find the weapon. Can you track it?' Aqualad asks. 'My utility fog is not a weapon. It's science, brilliant science, and of course I can track it, but I'd have to go online. Might as well rent a billboard with this address and "assassinate me" written in neon.' The Dr. replies. She is just so sarcastic. 'We will protect you.' He tells her. 'Tracking the Fog now.' She tells us.

I go back inside as Artemis comes out, and she glances at me for a brief second. 'Weird Emo.' I hear her think. I stop. 'Excuse me?' I ask, sounding bored, even in my own mind. 'You heard me.' She tells me. My eyes narrow at her, before I close them and simply turn around to walk off. It's not worth getting angry about. 'Be careful who you make enemies with, Artemis. I'm not someone you want to piss off.' I warn.

I walk in to where the team is with the Dr. 'Mmm. That boy.' I stop, confused. 'He can hear you. We can all hear you.' Miss M reminds her. I shake my head, and go to stand next to the windows, staring out into the darkness. 'Oh, I know.' I sense M'gann's aura growing darker. 'Careful, Miss M. Anger is capable of turning even the kindest person into that of a monster.' I warn.

'Miss Martian, Dr. Roquette had located the Fog. Reconfigure the bioship so that Robin and Superboy can pursue.' Aqualad tells her, Robin running out of the room already. 'Ready.' She tells us. I sense the bioship take off, and I can almost see it in the dark of the night. 'Hmm. Good night for flying.' I think.

'You embarrassed Superboy.' 'Didn't hear him say that.' 'Must you challenge everyone?' "Where I come from, that's how you survive.' Artemis and Miss M banter back and forth. 'If that's true, you wouldn't survive one day where I'm from.' I comment. 'Oh, hush, emo.' 'Watch it, Viineta.' I warn her.

I sense a presence behind the door, one that's not Kid's. The door opens slightly, and a shuriken comes flying through the crack. I turn around to see Aqualad dive in front of the shuriken, it hitting him instead of the doctor. "Doctor, get down." He tells her. I go running over to her, Aqualad beating me, and getting hit by more shuriken in the arm.

"Hmm. That had to hurt." A girl in a grinning mask comments, running into the room. "Atlantean skin is quite dense." He replies, bringing out his water bearers, I stand in front of the doctor in a fighting stance, my claws out, and my skin turning to scales. "And my shuriken are quite poisoned." he kicks her to the side. She lands on her feet like a cat.

'M'gann, Kid, Artemis, we are under attack in the computer lab.' Aqualad tells them through telepathy. 'On our way.' Artemis answers. I hear a heart beat behind me, and flip around in the air to see a boy in all black, with a mask that looks similar to that of a dragon's face(The picture up top). "And who are you?" I ask, glaring. I notice a dagger flying towards the doctor, and stick my arm out in the air. The dagger hits my arm, and clangs to the ground. I glance back at the doctor before watching the boy.

"The name's Dragon Master. It's been awhile since I've met someone of our kind." He tells me. I can practically hear him smirk. 'You are not my master.' I think, running towards him, claws ready to strike. "Almost." The girl says. "Poison slowing you down?" She asks Aqualad. "Jellyfish toxin, I'm largely immune." He tells her. I take a swing, but Dragon Master ducks, grabbing my leg to throw me across the room.

I get back up to see Aqualad on the ground, the girl raising a knife, only to have it shot out of her hand by an arrow. I run back over to where the boy is walking closer to the doctor. I grab his shoulder, and throw him across the room. He crashes against the wall, but abruptly gets back up. Aqualad gets up, and stands beside me. "Heh. This gig's getting interesting." The girl says, bringing out a katana. Artemis shoots at her, and she stops each arrow before they can hit their mark.

Kid and Miss M come running in, stopping in front of the doctor, taking in the scene. The girl turns around and looks at us, "Maybe a little too interesting." She states. Dragon Master goes to stand beside her and she throws a flash bomb at the ground just as Kid lunges for her.

He runs into Artemis, and they both scoot away from each other. "Gone!" He says. "They're getting away! You're letting them get away!" Roquette exclaims. "This is all your fault! You were on perimeter! How'd those Shadows get in?!" Wally yells at Artemis. My eyes widen, and I smack him on the back of the head, my scales having turned into skin again. "That's not really fair. I was outside, too." Miss M tells him.

"Outside being distracted by her. Besides, I can't be mad at you." He tells her. 'You gave me mouth-to-mouth.' He thinks. "We heard that!" Everyone yells at him. "Dang it!" He exclaims.

"I didn't do half as well during my first battle, and I know you can't have been Green Arrow's sidekick for long." M'gann tells Artemis, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Focus, everyone. The Shadows will be back." Aqualad states, getting everyone's attention.

'Robin to Aqualad.' Robin states through the comm. 'We're over Philadelphia. We've located the Shadow's next target, Star labs. We're too late. It's destroyed, totally destroyed. The Fog decimated it. This is bad. Star labs is cutting-edge science, and now their secrets are in the hands of the enemy.' It's silent for a moment before he asks, 'What's our next move?' Aqualad looks at Roquette, "Rescan for that Fog. Find it. We're moving the doctor." He tells us.