New Mission

When we get back to the cave, Batman has us all change into our suits once more. When we arrive at the missions room, Batman, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, and some girl dressed in green stand in front of us. "Recognized. Kid Flash, B03." The computer announcer alerts. I turn to look at the Zeta Tube entrance.
"The wall-man is here." Wally says, coming out in swim trunks, and a bunch of stuff for the beach. "Now let's get this party star-" He trips and falls. A beach ball comes bouncing past Batman and Red Tornado. "...ted." He finishes.
"Wall-man, huh?" The girl in green asks, "I love the uniform. What exactly are your powers?" She asks, mocking him. I roll my eyes. "Uh, who's this?" Kid asks, coming to stand by me and Kaldur. "Artemis, your new teammate." She answers. "Kid Flash. Never heard of you." He comebacks.

"Um, she's my new protege." Green Arrow tells us. "What happened to your old one?" Kid asks. "Recognized. Speedy B06." The computer alerts once again. Everyone turns to the entrance. "Well, for starters, he doesn't go by Speedy anymore. Call me Red Arrow." This guy says, walking over to us. He's dressed in red and black, arrows slung around his shoulder.

"Roy. You look-" Green Arrow starts. "Replaceable." He interrupts. "It's not like that. You told me you were going solo." He tells Red Arrow. "So why waste time finding a sub? Can she even use that bow?" He asks. His aura is darkened. He's really annoyed. "Yes, she can." Artemis says, walking up to him.

"Who are you?" Kid asks. "I'm/she's my niece." The two clashed in green state at the same time. "Another niece?" Robin asks. "But she is not your replacement." Kaldur tells him, walking up to him, "We have always wanted you on the team, and we have no quota on archers." "And if we did, you know who we'd pick." Wally states. I roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever, Baywatch. I'm here to stay." Artemis replies, placing a hand on her hip. Red Arrow goes to walk away, but stops by Kaldur and me. "You came to us for a reason." "And it's obviously not for a birthday party." I say sarcastically, making my voice high pitched. I want to see who all I can throw off. "I came because of a reason named Dr. Serling Roquette." He says, glaring at me. I roll my eyes, setting my hand on my hip. Like I could care less if he doesn't like me. I think I'll survive. The team stares at me, confused, as well as the Leaguers.

"Nanorobotics genius and claytronics expert at royal university in Star City. Vanished two weeks ago." Robin says, bringing up a photo and statistics about her. "Abducted two weeks ago by the League of Shadows." Red corrects him. "Woah. You want us to rescue her from the Shadows?" Robin asks, getting excited. "Hard core." Wally adds, the two of them fist-bumping. "I already rescued her." He says, walking to the holo-screen. "Only one problem. The Shadows had already coerced her into creating a weapon." He says, bringing up another screen.

"Doc calls it The Fog, comprised of millions of microscopic robots, nanotech infiltrators, capable of disintegrating anything in their path; concrete, steel, flesh, bone. But it's true purpose isn't mere destruction. It's theft. The infiltraters eat and store raw data from any computer system and deliver the stolen intel to the Shadows, providing them access to weapons, strategic defense, cutting-edge science and tech." He explains.

"Perfect for extortion, manipulation, power broking. Yeah. Sounds like the Shadows." Artemis comments, sounding annoyed. "Like you know anything about the Shadows." Kid states, thinking he's outsmarted her. She just smirks. "Who are you?!" He yells.

"Roquette's working on a virus to render the Fog inert." Red states. "But if the Shadows know she can do that-" "They'll target her." He cuts off Robin, "Right now, she's off the grid. I stashed her at the local high school's computer lab." He says, a picture of the school showing up on the screen.

"You left her alone?" Green Arrow asks. "She's safe enough for now." He remarks. "Then let's you and I keep her that way." Green Arrow offers, stepping toward him. "You and I? Don't you want to take your new protege?" Red asks. Green Arrow goes to step closer, but Batman stops him.

"You brought this to the team. It's their mission, which means it's hers now, too." He says. Red Arrow scoffs. "Then my job's done." He states, walking to the Zeta Tubes. "Recognized. Speedy-" He cuts the computer off. "That's Red Arrow, B06. Update." He says, then disappears. I sigh. "Well, he was really nice. Didn't seem to be in a good mood, but nice." I state sarcastically. Artemis stares at me, shocked. Probably because of my voice. I don't care. I turn to walk off and go to the bioship.

(A.N.: Hello my little heroes! I'm back! Here's the new chapters. The picture for this chapter is the hair style for the last chapter, by the way. Enjoy!!!)