A Gift

When we get to the cave, I'm the first to head out of the ship, only to run into Kent. "Esmeralda." He calls. I smile slightly and walk over to him. "My name cannot be known by the others, Kent. Please, for now call me Emma." I tell him, as he takes my hand. As always, he bends down to kiss it. He always does, even when he doesn't have to.
"Emma. A good name to hide your real one, but that doesn't mean I will treat you any different." He states as we link arms, walking down to the med bay. I can sense the others watching our backs as we walk. Within seconds, I hear footsteps behind us. "I know you won't. Just please don't bow or anything in front of the team. I don't want them to know. Not yet." I reply as we walk through the door.
I go to the drawers first, searching for burn cream and gauze. I find them in the third drawer, and set them on the counter. I take my cloak off, and it falls to the floor. I hear the footsteps from earlier walk into the room, and turn to see Kaldur'ahm standing in the doorway. "Oh dear, what on earth happened to you?" Kent asks, staring at the sizable hole in my leotard.
"Would you believe if I told you I got hit by lightning?" I ask looking back at him. He chuckles. "If my memory is correct, it's been some time since that's last happened." He states. I nod, going behind a curtain to remove my burnt leotard, and to treat my burn. "You wouldn't believe the looks I got from the team when I told them what hit me. Apparently, normal people don't survive such things." "No, it's usually very rare for people to survive said situation. Oh, before I forget." I hear Kent say as he holds a piece of fabric over the curtain rod for me to take. "What's this?" I ask, grabbing it.
"It's a present. I thought you'd like a new leotard for your suit. And seeing the current condition of your last one, a new one would come in handy." He states. I wrap up the rest of my chest and put it on before walking into their view. I pull Kent into a small hug. His hands, as always, grab my shoulders, instead of my waist. "Thank you." I tell him, pulling away. He nods to me. "It suits you well, my dear. Beautiful as ever." I smile and roll my eyes at his compliment.
"Well, I best be on my way for now. You heal up fast, you hear?" He tells me. "I'll be visiting again here soon." I nod. Once again, he takes my hand, and kneels to give it a kiss. "The best of travels to you, Kent." I tell him. "And to you as well." He replies, leaving to walk out the door. I turn to Aqualad.
"Yes?" I ask. "I simply wished to make sure that you were alright." He states, concern in his eyes. "I appreciate your concern. I'll be fine." I answer, picking up my cloak to put it around me again. I tie the strings once more as we walk out the door. "What is on your mind, Kaldur'ahm?" I ask, as we walk together to the mission recon/training area. "Please, just call me Kaldur." He states. I nod. "I do not wish to be rude, but I was wondering what your powers are, exactly?" He asks.
"My full powers are rather too complicated to explain without telling you exactly who I am, but I can let you know that I have extremely sharp claws and fangs that could be considered deadly to those against me. I have high skills in the hand-to-hand combat range, and I am a pyro-kinetic. And as you already know, I am able to fly with my white wings that sprout from my back." I state. He nods, taking each new fact about myself into consideration.
As we walk into the recon area, we both hear the team and Tornado talking. "-Nor should you solve mine for me." Tornado states. "But, if you're in danger..." Megan trails off. "Consider this matter closed." he states, walking away.
"Batman, Aquaman, and Flash, they'd have jumped right in to fix things." "Guess if we're gonna have a baby sitter, a heartless machine is exactly what we need." Wally and Robin state. "You two are idiots." I state. "Hey." They say, offended. "Think of it this way, if Batman, Aquaman, and Flash jumped in to fix things, it would show that they don't trust us to solve our own problems. Red Tornado didn't intervene because he trusts us enough to handle the missions on our own; without the Leagues help. He didn't help, to test us and see if we really can do it ourselves. That was harsh, Robin." I state, crossing my arms.
"And inaccurate." Tornado comments. "I have a heart, Carbon-Steel Alloy. I also have excellent hearing." He states, turning to look at us. "Heh. Right. Sorry. I'll strive to be more accurate." Robin apologizes. "And, more respectful." Kaldur adds in, placing a hand on his shoulder.
I'm walking beside Kaldur as we all walk to leave the missions room. "Speedy was so wrong." Wally states. "This team thing..." "Might just work out." Robin and Kaldur say. "Of course it will." I state, "You three are protege's of the Justice League. Why wouldn't it work out?"

"What about you?" Robin asks, "Aren't you Dr. Fate's protege?" I shake my head. "No, I am not. Unfortunately, I've never been too good at conducting magic and such. I've simply been staying in his tower for the past few years or so. Though I will say that we've become rather good friends." I say. I walk into my room after saying farewell to them. I then go over to my bed and lay down, exhausted from the day's work. I fall asleep in minutes.
(A.N.: The picture is of her new leotard. What do you think?)