Going Home

"..Hajime!!" I yell. Hajime and Rantaro dash over to my bed. I sit up and try to get out of bed, but my ankle still hurts. Hajime rushes up to me and hugs me tight. Rantaro does too. I bawl in their arms. Rantaro starts crying too.

"We thought you were dead..we didn't know where you were.." Rantaro says through tears.

"S-Shuichi kidnapped me!..h-he came in through my window a-and hit me over the head, a-and he dragged me to his house..
H-Hajime..I-I was so scared!!" I say while coughing and choking on my tears. I feel a drop of something wet on my head. I look up, Hajime is starting to bawl. He hugs me tighter and caresses my head.

"Oh Kokichi..w-we thought we lost you..like we did mom and dad..(quote from The Outsiders - Darry Curtis ;)).. we had search parties and everything looking for you.." Hajime says. "None of the parties contacted us about you..but, Rantaro was on a walk- er- He was crutching around- a-and he said he saw you in a house.."

"Y-Yeah..Shuichi beat me and stabbed me every day..I-It hurt so bad.." I mumble. Hajime holds my head to his chest.

"It's alright..he's not going to hurt you anymore..we've got you now, Kokichi." He says. The three of us hug for a while. Futo eventually comes back. He sees Hajime and Rantaro.

"So you're here now." He says with a warm smile. We all look over at him. Rantaro calls him over to us, and he brings him into the group hug.

"Thank you so much for calling me and telling us that he's ok..how could we ever thank you Futo?" Rantaro says. Futo giggles and smiles.

"No need to do that. Just seeing you three together is all I need to warm my heart. Heheh." Futo says with a smile. Hajime and Rantaro let me lay down in bed. They stand next to me as I rest. Hajime notices the hard cast on my left arm (bit of a Dear Evan Hansen reference, yes)

"Buddy what happened to your arm?" He asks.

"It's broken." I say.

"Heh- Well I can see that." Hajime says. I grin wide and playfully.

"Shuichi pushed me down the stairs. My wrist is broken and my ankle." I explain. I have a cast on my foot. I show Hajime and Rantaro.

"Well now it's clear to see you and I are brothers. Heheh. We're both crippled now." Rantaro says. The four of us share a laugh. Futo goes to get me something to eat. He gets me some noodles, rice, and egg drop soup. With some grape Panta of course. I let Rantaro sit with me in the bed. Hajime also sits in bed with me, and rubs my back. Futo brings me my food.

"Ahhhh! Thank you Futoooo!! This looks SO good! Nee-heehee!" I say ecstatically. He laughs a little, and puts the plates and bowls on the tray beside me. My mouth waters. I haven't had good quality food in a long time- and I'm all ready for it. Futo hands me a bottle of Panta and some silverware and I dig in. I eat it quickly, but also savoring every bite. Hajime looks at me with surprise.

"Kokichi, slow down. You're going to choke. Heheh." He says with a soft smile.

"But it's so goooooood!" I say as I put another spoonful of rice in my mouth. Rantaro hugs me with one arm. I'm really happy that I'm finally home. I've been waiting so long to see Hajime and Rantaro again. Even Hiyoko. Hajime looks at his phone.

"So Kokichi, your Sensei messaged me with all the school work you have missed." He says. I moan long.

"Do I have to do schoolworrrrrrk?.." I moan.

"Heheh. Well, we'll let you rest up at home for a few days before you go back to school. But yes, eventually you will need to do your work." Hajime explains. I put a finger over his lips.

"Ok hush- let's not talk about school work while I'm eating this amazing food.
Nee-heehee!" I say with a grin. Hajime laughs and shakes his head.

"Have you not eating anything?" Rantaro asks.

"Barely..but when I had eaten, it was really only stale rice and watered down miso soup." I explain as I shovel noodles into my face. The four of us talk for a while. Hajime then gets a call from Hiyoko.

"Hello?" He says.

"Where the heck are you two?! You've been gone for so long!!" She yells.

"Ah- Hiyoko- we found Kokichi." Hajime says. Hiyoko draws a blank.

"Wait seriously? You guys found him?" She asks.

"Well, the police found him, then he was taken to the hospital, where Rantaro's friend Futo works, and he called us over to see him. He's back now." Hajime says with a smile. Hiyoko actually begins to smile.

"Cool..so uh, where is he? Am I able to come over too?" She asks.

"Ah. Ask Mahiru's mother if she can drive you over to the hospital. Once you're here we will tell you what room he's in." Hajime explains. Hiyoko nods and hangs up. Hajime then turns back to me and kisses my head.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"It was Hiyoko. She wanted to come and see you here while you're recovering." He explains. I smile and nod. I'm really excited to see her. As surprised as I am. I'm happy to be home. And I wouldn't like to have it any other way.