8

"I don't want to do this..." I mumbled looking at Kaldur.

He sighed. "Canary just wants to make sure you are okay."

"I'm fine." I groaned and grabbed my arms, nails digging in. "I don't need some sort of therapy session."

"Do you really believe that?" Kaldur placed a hand on my shoulder. "She is only trying to help...please do this...even if it's just for me. I need to make sure you're okay."

"Fine..." I shook my head. "I guess I'll do it."

Kaldur smiled and nodded. "Her office is down-"

"I'll find it Kaldur." I lightly patted his arm before walking out of the living room...

And I did find it so.. hah. Take that Kaldur for probably not believing me.

"You came?" Canary was sitting in her chair, clipboard resting across her lap. "I am more than surprised. Honestly, I thought you would be more like Connor."

I shrugged before sitting across from her. "I mean why not?"

"Percy, M'gann pulled you out of a flashback. That is concerning for me, and the League. If you were to have one during a mission-"

"I won't." I stared at her.

"How can you be sure?"

"I... I'm not sure...but..." I sighed.

"I have something I want to try..." She pulled something off of her clipboard and showed me them.

Pictures of battlefields...both undersea and on land.

"The flashback earlier seemed to be related to wars. So what exactly happened during your-"

She cut off as I started shaking.

"No... nonononono. No please no. Not again." My arms wrapped around my stomach, tears beginning to fall. "Not again."

I stood on top of a hill, close to the battlefield, staring at the monsters waiting for us.

"Whaddya think Water Girl?" Leo looked over at me.

"If I create a hurricane...we could take out a lot of them. And I mean I can hold it for a while."

"Yeah...Sparky might be able to help you."

I shook my head. "Hurricanes are a bit different than-Look out!"

But...

I was too late.

I stared as an arrow plunged through Leo's back, poking out his front.

No.

"Leo!"

Kaldur

"Do you think she is okay?" My king questioned me.

I sighed. "I have no idea. She is still the same Percy. She could be dying and she would say she is fine."

Then I asked him something that I probably should have asked earlier.

"Why did you bring her here?"

This time it was his turn to sigh. "Her father asked me to. Percy...she said she was okay after the war ended. But when she returned home..."

"She was the one to find them?" I questioned, feeling sick.

He slowly nodded. "She spent the rest of the day and the night at her father's."

I opened my mouth to respond when there was a scream.

My eyes widened and I rushed to Canary's session room, my king close behind.

Water was flowing from beneath the door, causing the two of us to look at each other.

"Canary, stay away from the door." My king yelled before breaking it down.

I quickly entered the room...which had a whirlpool on the floor...

I pulled a water bearer out of my pocket and tried to wrestle control of the water from Percy.

"Kaldur, focus on her. I can handle the water."

I nodded and rushed to Percy, thanking Lord Poseidon as I was able to easily push through the water.

"Percy..." I gently touched her arm and was slammed backwards by a wave of water.

However, I just got back up and went back over to her.

She wasn't registering me, her eyes glazed over staring at who knows what.

Tears fell down her face, mixing in with the water she was still controlling.

"It's okay Percy... I'm here. I will keep you safe. I will always keep you safe. I won't let you get hurt..." I mumbled, trying to steel myself for another hit.

I sat on the chair and pulled her into a hug, resting my chin on her head.

"You're okay... you're doing good just breathe Percy." I ignored the stare Black Canary was sending my way. "Just breathe."

"What if something happens to you?" Percy choked out hands clenching onto my jacket.

I sighed. Good news... she's out of the flashback. Bad news...now she's probably having a panic attack.

"I- I can't lose you, and if something happens to-" She cut off as she was no longer able to get the words out.

I could only hold her as her shaking worsened and her breathing got faster and faster.

"You need to breathe. Just focus on Kaldur, Percy. Follow his breathing." Canary advised, although at this point Percy took no notice.

Percy went limp in my arms, unconscious.

I stood up and held her close to me. "I'm going to go put her in her room."

"Of course I-"

"I'll take this from here." Batman walked into the room and took Percy from me.

Then he left the room.

Orin looked at me and then followed, with me behind him.

We soon arrived at the cells...where Batman exited no longer carrying Percy.

"Batman, release her. She is as much of a member of this team as Robin, she shouldn't be locked in a cell like a criminal!" My king crossed his arms.

"You are right, but after that display of power I don't think it would be wise to let her roam freely... Why are you so concerned about her?"

Welp

I don't know...

Where my cousin got his horrible taste in music. Like honestly

Although that entire side of my family is perfectionists...

Anyway I'm gonna go do...

Stuff (not saying if I'm gonna type or not cause...video games and food.)

So

See yah