43

"Why?!"

I spun around and stared at Percy. She floated in the doorway, body shaking harshly.

"Why would you tell them that?!" She sobbed. "You know why I don't like people knowing!"

"Percy...I am sorry. It- It slipped out. I did not tell them on purpose." I swam towards her, but a barrier formed between us.

"You threw thirteen years away. I can't complain about Orin and Dad, we didn't have a choice. But them?" She gestured at the Team. "Why would you tell them?!"

Even though we are underwater, I could tell she was crying.

"I, Perseus Jackson, daughter of Poseidon, princess of the sea, revoke Kaldur'ahm's oath of protection, loyalty, and service."

As soon as she finished speaking, I felt as though there was a hole within me. She disappeared into the hallway and I stood there, frozen.

Why would she...?

"What did she say Kaldur?" Robin asked, snapping me out of it.

Or more specifically, my realization snapped me out of it.

"We need to find her. Megan, can you try to reach her? Connor, can you try to hear her heartbeat?"

"Or..." Robin typed something into the glove of his pressure suit. "How did she get to land so fast?"

"Where is she?" I looked at him.

"Some place in Maine." He answered.

"Is it by a school?" Dread began settling in my gut.

"Yeah, a military school. How'd you know?"

I bit my lip and rushed towards the throne room, not caring if my friends were behind me or not.

Although...no, I can deal with them after I find Percy.

Poseidon was not on his throne, but Triton was leaning against a wall.

"Prince Triton!"

"What is Kaldur?" He sighed.

"I need you to send me to Percy."

"Isn't she in the palace?"

"She asked me to send her to land." Lord Poseidon walked in. "Why do you...she revoked your oath? Why?"

"I accidentally revealed details about her to the Team, but I feel as though she was using this as an excuse."

Poseidon's eyes drilled into mine before he realized what I was hinting at.

"I will send you. But...make sure she is safe. I cannot interfere directly-"

"So I must act on your behalf." I finished.

He nodded and tapped my shoulder. In mere milliseconds, I was standing on the surface.

Percy stood at the edge of the cliff, looking down. Her hands clenched into fists.

"Percy, stop!" I yelled, tears welling in my eyes. "Do not do this!"

"Why shouldn't I, Kaldur? Everyone around me gets hurt, you most of all. You don't have to worry about your own life anymore. If I die, you'll be able to live. So...I know you aren't bound to me anymore but my last order..." She looked over her shoulder at me. "I want you to live. Be happy."

And with that, she stepped off the cliff.

"Percy!" I screamed before falling to my knees.

Tears streamed down my face and I sobbed.

My princess...

Later

I sat in my room, staring at the wall as I have been for the last few days.

"You need to eat Kaldur." Megan sat beside me.

"I am not hungry." I didn't look at her, even as my stomach growled.

It wasn't your fault.

I ignored her and continued to stare at the wall.

She sighed and sat the food on my dresser. "Black Canary said she's going to come talk to you today."

Megan left, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

And unfortunately...

None of them were good.

All of them were the ones that...

My eyes drifted towards my water bearers and pack. I stood and grabbed them off of the floor.

I'm...

I'm sorry.

I grabbed some papers off of my desk, along with a pen.

Robin,

I am sorry for doing this to you. You do not deserve to bear the weight of leader at this age. Please be strong. You are a little brother to everyone on this team, and without you they will fall apart.

Wally,

You never could have been fast enough to prevent this. Please make the Team laugh through this. Keep them in high spirits.

Megan,

Please make sure everyone is okay. I am giving you permission to use your telepathy to check on them. You are one of the best people I have worked with, please remember that.

Connor,

Stay strong my friend. I cannot say much as I do not know how you will react. Make sure the others are safe. Please do this.

Artemis,

Keep Wally in check. Keep Megan upbeat. Try to maintain order. You can do it, I believe in you.

Team,

I am sorry for doing this to you. Words cannot express how sorry I am. If you wish to know why, ask my king.

Orin, Mother, and Father,

I failed her.

I laid the papers neatly on my dresser before sitting on my bed.

My tattoos glowed as I took a waterbearer, forming a blade with the water.

I drew it across my wrist, barely scratching myself. I pressed harder, this time drawing blood.

Soon enough blood streamed down my arm as tears streamed down my face.

My hand started to shake and I shortened the blade.

I placed it on my throat, lined up with the scar from when I was fourteen.

I swallowed, tightening my grip on my weapon.

I drew it across my throat...but I did not break the skin. I pressed it so the blade was already damaging my skin.

Percy, Mother, Father, my king...

Everyone...

I am sorry.

Okay

I'm not sorry

Now...

Bye!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs ALOT*

See yah