45

I sighed, resting my chin on my hand as I listened to a report.

I could feel Amphitrite glaring at me, but I couldn't care less about my behavior.

"My Lord!"

"Yes?" I looked over at the Atlantean. I was confused until I remembered who he was.

"I need you to come with me, immediately."

I looked at the merman who had been delivering his report. "I apologize, but my wife will be more than happy to listen to the rest of your report."

Her glare intensified, but I am not staying and listening to a report on underwater cloth production.

"In here, my Lord." He opened a door and allowed me to enter.

Inside...

"You're awake!" I grinned and rushed to the side of the bed.

Percy stared up at me, a small frown settling on her lips. "How...How am...How am I here?"

"You didn't die when you hit the rocks. You've been out for about four days." I mumbled,  smoothing her hair.

"Dam it." She breathed out.

I growled slightly and pinned Percy's shoulders to the bed. "Swear you will not try it again."

"If I break it, it'll kill-"

"Not on the Styx, on Orin's life. Swear on Orin, Mera, Sha'lain'a, and Calvin's lives." I said. "If you don't, I will make you immortal, whether you want it or not."

I could see all the light drain from her eyes, but I wasn't done.

"You need to think about how your actions will affect others. Do you have any idea what you dying would do to the camps? It's...It's so selfish for you to even think about doing that Percy!"

She was silent for a few moments. "How's the Team?"

I focused, trying to find out what I could without being there.

"Oh...they're dying." I mumbled, releasing her. I only hope-

"What?!" Percy shot up before wincing. Her hand flew to her side, holding her ribs. "I need to go help them!"

Never mind.

"They'll be find." I gently pressed her back down. "You need to rest my child. Your body was still healing from the previous injuries when you did this."

She shifted and my eyes were drawn to the scars covering her body. I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Please promise me."

"You know this isn't your choice right?"

"Perseus, I am not joking." I glared at her.

"Fine...I swear I won't try to commit suicide at the risk of Orin, Mera, Sha'lain'a, and Calvin's lives."

Percy curled up on herself, and I could tell she wasn't going to speak to me.

I sighed and pulled the blanket up over her. "Tyson was worried about you."

"You told him?"

"He was the one who found you."

Orin

"Kaldur almost killed himself because of you!" I paced the room, running my hand through my hair.

"Orin..." Her body shook as she held back laughter.

"Percy you shouldn't be laughing! There were other options! You had other options that didn't end with him almost dying! You could have-" I cut off when I realized she was crying.

Which makes more sense I suppose.

I sat on the bed and tried to pull her against me. She flinched away.

"I'm sorry. So so sorry. I- Please don't hate me. Please."

My eyebrows drew together in concern and I pulled against me, much like I had with Kaldur.

"Percy, my daughter...I do not...I could not hate you even if you turned against me. I cannot hate the girl I have raised as my own. As for being sorry...I do not want to hear it."

I cannot understand why she would think I would hate her.

Percy buried her face in my chest and I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Dad made me swear on your guys' lives. I'm sorry but...he...he threatened to make me immortal and I...I don't want to watch you guys age around me and die while I won't."

I hushed her and stood, keeping her held close to me.  "I do not care."

Percy was sobbing, choking out more apologies.

I treated her like a small child, something in other circumstances would end with me getting yelled at.

At one point I began singing a lullaby, trying to lure her towards sleep.

Her head rested against my shoulder and I smiled, knowing that I had succeeded.

But...

I feel like Poseidon did not handle her as she should have. Gods can be insensitive to emotions, and he did not have Dinah to help him.

Actually, I may arrange a session for Percy and Kaldur with her. The two of them may not want to talk about it, but they'll need to. Percy will need to get through whatever caused her to jump, while Kaldur will need to get through his guilt.

"You are not taking her Orin."

"I am sorry my Lord, but I am. She needs Kaldur, and Kaldur needs her. Keeping them separate from each other would not be wise." I stared at Poseidon who was standing in the doorway, blocking my way out.

"And why would it not?"

I looked down at Percy who was crying in her sleep. Her lips moved and one word escaped them.

"Kaldur."

"If you want her to survive, they need to be together."

Poseidon sighed and disappeared.

I smiled and walked out of the room, shifting Percy.

"We're going to take you home."

Hi guys

This is crap

It's my b-day

And I can't keep my eyes open.

See yah