36

"Come on...please." I stared at Percy, clutching her hand.

"My son, you should go to bed."

I ignored my king, keeping my eyes trained on my princess.

"Kaldur'ahm..."

"I am not leaving her side!" I broke my gaze away from her to glare at King Orin. Then my gaze softened and I bit my lip. "I am not leaving her side..."

"It's been four days. You need to sleep."

I shook my head, tightening my grip.

He sighed and patted my shoulder before walking out of the room.

I bit my cheek, trying to hold back my tears.

As the door closed, I could feel them trail down my face.

"Please...wake up."

Orin

As I walked away from the infirmary, I ran a hand through my hair.

Kaldur is never going to forgive himself for this.

And I didn't tell him just how bad she is...

"How is she?" Bruce asked, looking at the footage from the infirmary.

"It...It'll be a miracle if she survives..."

I... I...

I can't lose both of them.

"And Kaldur?" He dismissed the screen.

I sighed. "He's just as well as can be imagined."

Aquaman Guest

Aquaman Guest

Aquaman Guest

Bruce glared at me. "You know-"

I held up my hand to stop him before walking forward to greet my wife.

"Where are they?" Sha'lain'a questioned.

"You know English?" Bruce stared at Kaldur's mother.

"Yes I know English. Now where are Percy and my son?"

"In-" I was interrupted by the Zeta Tube firing up again.

Aquaman Guest.

I'm so getting yelled at later. We're really only supposed to have one guest at a time...

But I only asked-

Poseidon strode towards me, lips set in a thin line.

"Where is my daughter?"

"Infirmary." I turned and led the group back, ignoring Bruce.

"Why did you ask us to come my king?" Calvin questioned me.

"I figured out of the three of you someone would be able to get him to sleep."

I opened the door, revealing Kaldur leaned over, head pressed to the cot, as his body shook.

"Kaldur'ahm!"

He shot up, staring down at his mother as she hugged him.

"Mother...?"

Poseidon walked past them, resting a gentle hand on Percy's face.

She pulled away from the touch, face contorting in pain.

"Kaldur, you must sleep my son." Mera spoke, causing me to shift my gaze to him.

Tears were falling down his face and he sobbed shaking his head.

He turned to look at Poseidon before kneeling infront of him.

"I failed-" Another sob. "I failed in my duty of protecting her. It is my fault that she is in this state. I-"

He swallowed, hands clenching into fists. "I understand if you take my life as forfeit."

Poseidon grabbed Kaldur's shoulder and hauled him up before pressing him against the wall.

"I would gladly for what you have allowed." The god growled, hand digging into Kaldur's throat.

His eyes were closed in acceptance, tears falling from them faster and faster.

"You were given one job. One simple job that you could not perform. I only refrain from killing you because my daughter is still alive." Poseidon released him, allowing my protege to fall to the ground gasping.

"If she doesn't survive...I will purposely prevent your oath from killing you just so I can see the life drain out of your eyes myself." With that, the god turned to leave.

But he paused in the doorway. "If she wakes up...bring her to my palace."

Then he was gone.

"Are you okay Kaldur?" Sha'lain'a sat beside her son as he rubbed his throat.

He simply nodded and got back up to sit in the chair beside Percy.

I grabbed his arm and roughly pulled him away, looking at Calvin for help.

"You must sleep my son." He grabbed Kaldur's other arm. Despite the two of us, he was still able to hold his ground.

"I am sorry for this Kaldur." My wife rested a hand on his forehead, tattoos lighting up.

I braced for the shock, but it somehow remained within Kaldur. Convulsing, his legs gave and he passed out.

"We can take him to his room." Calvin spoke before dragging Kaldur out, followed by his wife.

I sighed and looked back at Percy. My wife gently picked up her hand and Percy unconsciously tried to pull away.

"She wasn't doing that with Kaldur..."

"Perhaps the link between them has something to do with it." I responded standing next to her.

Mera moved the blanket, revealing the bandages covering her torso, almost completely white.

"You must admit, Kaldur does well with changing bandages." She commented before pausing. "How bad is she?"

My eyes scanned Percy's face, relatively peaceful considering how much pain she must be in.

"Orin..."

"A lot of different poisons, more than enough to kill a normal human. Stab wounds, whip marks, some of her injuries are infected, broken bones including an injury to her spine, and..."

I gently unwrapped the bandage around her neck, revealing the slash wound.

"They made sure she wouldn't be able to speak." My hands clenched into fists.

"I assume water is not healing her?" My wife took my hands, mainly to keep me from punching anything.

"Ambrosia and nectar are out of the question. She already has a fever, if we give her any it might cause her to burn up."

"But if we don't..." She trailed off.

"Percy might die...and Kaldur would as well."

I figured I'd be nice and give you a chapter. Mainly cause I'm gonna want to sleep like all this week...

I'm just gonna go...

See yah