27

"Come on Percy, let me help you." 

I groaned and curled up tighter. "No."

Kaldur sighed and forced my legs away from my chest, pinning them with one hand. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way."

Reluctantly, I sat up and pulled off my shirt before reaching for the sweater in Kaldur's hand.

He pulled it away, staring at my scars.

Then he shook his head, putting it on me himself. "I still cannot believe I let that happen to you."

"You don't even know how I got them."

"I have some guesses."

"And probably none of them are right." I crossed my arms.

"Torture?"

I was silent, eyes trained on his face as he realized I wasn't denying what he said.

"Tell me it isn't true. Please say it's simply a nightmare." His voice wavered and he gently shook me. "Please."

I placed my hands on the side of his face before pressing my lips to his forehead.

Then I got up and walked out to the kitchen. I grabbed two mugs and started making hot chocolate.

"Heya babe, watcha doing?" Wally tried to take one but I kicked him.

"That's for Kaldur." I glared at him before sighing. "Kaldur'ahm get your butt out here!"

Within a minute he was sitting on a stool, taking a mug from my hand.

"Do you know where Connor and Megan are?" Wally leaned on the counter.

"I believe they are on a walk." Kaldur took a careful sip.

"Oh...so uh, what are you guys doing?" He ran a hand through his fiery red hair.

"Just hanging around, drinking hot cocoa." I smiled at him. "What about you couldn't find Robin to bother?"

"Nah, he and Artemis went and did something in Gotham. So I think he's at home now...anyway, what's with the long face dude?"

I looked at Kaldur, seeing if he was going to answer. But...

I sighed. "We were getting caught up and some...rather unpleasant topics came up."

The microwave beeped and Wally did something before being right in front of me with a cup of tea.

"Such as...?" He prompted.

"Um...let's see I got assaulted and-"

"You didn't tell me that!" Kaldur stared at me once again.

I groaned and laid my head on the table. I thought I told him.

"Like someone tried to punch you or-"

"The second one. I broke his nose before he could really do anything...then our commanding officer broke his wrist."

Reyna was so not happy with Octavian. And seriously, if he wasn't the augur I so would have killed him.

"Who was it?"

"Nobody you know and I'm ninety percent sure he's dead." I grinned. There's no way Reyna would let him stay in the legion after disobeying her orders.

Kaldur pulled me so I was leaning against his shoulder, hand resting on the side of my head.

"Why does this always happen when I am not there to protect you? First when we were younger and now this..."

I rolled my eyes and pulled away. "Hey Wally, do you know if we might be getting any missions soon?"

He shook his head. "Rob would be the one to ask."

"Okay. You done with yours Kaldur?" I stood up, empty mug in hand.

He nodded and handed it to me so I could wash it.

"Were you going to mention that to me?"

"Nope. You already worry about me enough."

"Can you blame me? It seems as though everytime you are out of my sight, something happens to you."

I rolled my eyes at that. "That's just because you have to protect me, if you didn't you wouldn't think that."

"Perhaps."

I sighed as he lifted me up and carried me to the couch.

"Wally help! I'm being kidnapped!" I grinned as Kaldur dropped me.

"Why are you so dramatic?" Kaldur chuckled.

"It runs in the family." I sat up and smiled at him.

He just shook his head before sitting beside me. And then Wally sat beside him.

"So...what do you guys want to watch?"

"You can pick Wally." Kaldur passed him the remote.

"Sweet. I'll just...oh come on!"

"Why are we just now learning that Aquaman has a second sidekick?! How can we trust the League when they keep stuff like this hidden? Viewers, how do you like-"

The dude cut off as Wally changed the channel.

"I don't understand why he makes such a big deal out of nothing. Aquaman had a press conference about this."

I shrugged. "I mean, it's his fault if he didn't pay attention when I told them why I was never up here before now."

Kaldur wrapped an arm around me, letting me lean into his side.

"He does this with everything. He was going on a rant when I first started fighting alongside Aquaman."

I laughed softly, drawing my knees up onto the couch. "Orin had to have been mad about that."

"Can you imagine how he is going to respond to this?"

Well...it's definitely going to be something.

A small sigh left Kaldur's lips. "You really need to catch me up on everything that has happened since last year."

"Not happening Kaldur. You get too dam overprotective." I pulled away to lightly punch him.

"No I do not."

"Excuse you, you are the most overprotective person I've ever met. And have you met Will?"

"Who's Will?" Wally looked at me.

"A healer in the military. He literally will not let me leave the infirmary if I have so much as a scratch." I shrugged.

"So we are ignoring the fact that it was poisoned?" Kaldur crossed his legs.

"Shut up." I mumbled, looking away.

"Hey guys. You whelmed?"

Robin grinned at us before sitting on the arm of the couch.

"So...can any of you sing?"

In the spirit of music...

What are some of your guys favorite songs?

And...

Hm...

I need to feed the animals and maybe start the car.

See yah