53

I swam through the castle. I looked around, and when I saw no one, I ducked into a doorway.

Shutting the door, I let out a sigh and leaned against a wall.

I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to ignore the thoughts running through my mind. My tears mixed with the water around me.

I sobbed and covered my mouth with my hand.

Why?

"Percy, I know you're in there." Orin's voice came through the door. "Let me in. Please."

When I didn't respond, he opened the door.

He swam inside and rested a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"How'd- how'd you know I was in here?" I choked out.

"A guard saw you swim down this hall and this is the only closed door. Plus your father is keeping a close eye on you and he has been informing me where you are when he feels I need to know." He pulled me into a hug. "Why didn't you come to me?"

I leaned my head against his shoulder. "I didn't want to bother you."

He sighed. "Your Highness, do you really think you coming to me for help would bother me? When I told you to do so?"

"You were busy."

"And yet, I still would have sat that aside to help you. As I did. Mera is finishing up an audience in my stead. Now, what's wrong?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Is it something you would rather speak about with Kaldur?"

I shook my head. "I just don't want to talk about it at all."

Orin lifted me up and carried me out of the room, dismissing anyone who approached us.

He shifted me to one arm and knocked on a door.

"Come in."

Orin opened the door and released me. Kaldur sat next to Topo, helping him with a puzzle.

"Your Highness." Topo saluted me. "My king."

Kaldur stood up and swam over to me, pulling me into a hug. "I thought you were taking a nap."

"Nightmare." I mumbled, leaning into his chest. "I really shouldn't have shown them those memories."

He sighed and tightened his grip on me. "Do you wish to assist us with what we are doing?"

"I'm just gonna lay on you." I pulled away and waited for him to sit back down. I laid out with my head resting on his leg, occasionally wiping my eyes.

Orin left, leaving me alone with Kaldur and Topo.

They worked in relative silence, the only sound that of pieces being shuffled through.

My eyes wandered over to Topo, trained where I know his scar is.

"Purists are stupid." I mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Topo looked at me.

"I know what happened to you. And they should have never done it. It's so stupid that they think they're better than you just because they don't have gills."

"Your Highness-"

"Kaldur, I swear to the gods, stop using my title. You know I hate it."

He rolled his eyes. "You were avoided due to your parentage."

"That literally has nothing to do with what we're talking about. I mean, they didn't like me because they were scared of me. And I mean, I can see being scared of Sha'ark but look at Topo."

Kaldur sighed and pulled me up onto his lap. He rested his chin on my head, still helping Topo with the puzzle.

I closed my eyes and relaxed, ignoring it when Kaldur would shift me so he could place a piece. He kept one arm wrapped around me.

Topo sighed. "Should I ask about the bandages or not?"

"It is nothing my friend. Simply an injury I sustained while on the surface." Kaldur didn't hesitate with his answer.

"On both your arms and your neck?"

"Poison Ivy attempted to choke and restrain me with vines. They cut into my skin."

"Good lie. Can I use that?" I mumbled.

"Sleep."

"I don't want to."

"Go to sleep. It is easier for me to do my job when you are well rested. Though you do get into less trouble when you are too tired to go do anything."

"No."

Kaldur groaned and moved me off of him before standing. "I will be back in a moment."

He left and then came back with a blanket, which he quickly wrapped me in. He held me close to him and my head rested on his shoulder.

Eventually I was too tired to fight against it and I yawned, closing my eyes. As I drifted off to sleep I could hear Kaldur and Topo talking about random stuff and occasionally asking if they see a piece of the puzzle anywhere.

I smiled and nestled closer to Kaldur. He kissed the side of my head.

"Sweet dreams." He mumbled.

Unfortunately the Fatea didn't seem to want me to sleep.

Because the moment I was about to, the door slammed open, causing me to jerk awake.

"The king requests your prescence near the Zeta Tubes. Topo, you can stay and finish your puzzle." Orm said, before swimming away.

I sighed and pulled out of Kaldur's grasp. "Well, let's go see what he wants."

The two of us swam to the Zeta Tubes, where Orin was waiting for us.

"My king." Kaldur saluted. "What do you require us for?"

Orin sighed. "I hate to do this to you, especially since I doubt you are wishing to return to the Team at the moment. But...Batman wants you two to come back."

Crap

Which I mean what else do you expect from someone who is exhausted for no reason

I took a nap yesterday and woke up at seven today

Anyway...uh...

Since one if the other account members isn't able to help me with the next chapter right now...

And since like one person replied to the message i sent

What do you think should happen next?

See yah