61

"Percy?" I called, surfacing into the small cave we've been calling home. I didn't get a response. Frowning I climbed out of the pool of water and onto the cool rock.

Water dripped off of me as I moved through the cave. I walked from the entrance into the room we lived in. I released my held breath when I saw she was laying on her bed.

She's asleep.

It didn't take me long to realize that wasn't the case.

Her body shook harshly and I rushed to her side. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her, trying my hardest to snap her out of it. She started fighting against me, harder than she ever has. She screamed in pain, despite my grip on her being relatively loose. Tears streamed down her face and she stared past me.

"Percy, it is okay. I am not going to let anyone hurt you." I tried to take her hand. I ended up with a punch to the stomach, which knocked me away from her.

I groaned and sat up. I crawled over to Percy and sat by her side. I could not do anything and I did not want to risk making things worse by touching her.

Her eyes stayed wide in fear, with more and more tears falling. Her body convulsed as screams tore from her, echoing around the cave. My chest hurt and tears welled in my eyes.

I can't help her. I cannot help her when her enemy is her own mind, when it is her memories.

All I can do is sit here, completely helpless and watch her suffer.

Well, there is another thing I can do. Doing my best to ignore her slowly quieting screams, I pushed our blankets and pillows into a corner and moved one of the lanterns so the light in the corner was softer.

By the time I was finished, she had stopped screaming. I looked over at her to see her laying, staring off into space.

I sighed and lifted her into my arms, she weakly fought against me.

"Hush." I mumbled and laid her in the corner.  "I am right here."

She did not calm down, instead I believe she ran out of energy to fight me. I swallowed and brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "I am going to make food." I said. Getting up I went and grabbed the bags. I opened a can of pears before moving back to her.

"Are you hungry?"

No response.

I sighed and stabbed a piece with the fork. "Open."

Percy stared blankly and I pressed the food to her lips. She parted her lips and I was able to get her to eat that piece.

"Come on Percy. I need you to eat this. You have made me eat instead of yourself. So it is your turn to eat."

It is hard surviving without assistance from the League. I am not an American citizen. My position offers me benefits, but without League permission I cannot get a job and with us moving around as much as we need to in order to keep Percy safe it is nearly impossible to find a job as it is.

Therefore we have to watch how much we spend, and I must admit the skills Percy has gained from the Stolls have come into use more than once.

I helped her sit up and I forced her to eat. After she finished, I held her close to me. I softly hummed a lullaby, running my fingers through her hair.

Percy

I stared up at Kaldur, eyes almost closing. I don't want to sleep. I know that I'll have nightmares, especially if I fall asleep this soon after having a flashback.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"For what?"

"You do so much for me. And here you are giving me food you could eat."

"I ate earlier. I am doing what I can to ensure we survive. We cannot prove our point if we are not alive."

"You could have eaten some. I don't eat much anymore."

Kaldur's strong arms tightened around me and he kissed the top of my head. "You need to keep your strength up."

"I know, but so do you." I mumbled pressing my face against his shoulder.

I did my best to keep my thoughts from my mind. To keep what happened to me away from my thoughts, but no matter how hard I tried, flashes of it still appeared in front of my eyes. I whimpered and my fingers dug into Kaldur.

I could feel the knives digging into my flesh, the whips against my back, the poisons and everything else they decided to do to me just because they could.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I lied.

"Tell me if you are not."

"I know the drill Kaldur." I mumbled. "Can you hold me like this for a while?"

"Of course." He shifted to make himself more comfortable. "Is it okay if I lay down?"

"Go ahead."

He did that and he soon fell asleep. I nuzzled my head under his chin. I clung to him, to the one shred of normalcy I have left.

He's the one person who's been with me through nearly everything. The one person I'd trust with my life. I can't lose him.

I swallowed and slowly pulled away from him, managing not to wake him.

I need to do this. To keep him safe.

Okay so I should probably go to bed but I might draw for a little bit

Hope you enjoyed this and...

See yah