Chapter Forty Three~ All My Fault This Happened

*Kurt's POV*

"No, Krist! No." I screamed so loud it hurt my throat. I had tears running down my face but I didn't care.

"I called the ambulance." Dave said rushing into the room.

"You promised he'd be okay, Dave."

"I know. I'm sorry, Kurt." He sighed.

I looked down at Krist's lifeless body on the floor with pills spread out everywhere. What if he was gone? What would I do then? He's suppose to always be here when I need him.

It didn't take long before I heard the sirens of an ambulance.

-----

"You dumb ass!" I snapped at Krist as soon as he opened his eyes.

"W-what?"

"You tried to kill yourself. How could you fucking do that to me? You're suppose to always be here for me! You're not suppose to leave me!" I screamed while crying.

"I'm sorry." He looked down.

"You better be sorry! What would I do without you Krist?"

"W-where's Dave?"

"He went to go get me some coffee. Now tell me, this was all my fault wasn't it?"

"No, Kurt, it wasn't your fault."

I looked down. "Yes it was." Then I burst into tears again.

"Come here." He whispered. I didn't waste anytime laying beside him in the stupid hospital bed. He wrapped his arm around me and gently rubbed my back as I cried on his chest.

"Why'd you try to leave me?" I sobbed.

"Because I was a horrible friend. I shouldn't have kissed you, Kurt. I shouldn't even be in love with you. I thought I ruined your relationship with Dave and I know how happy he makes you, so I didn't want to mess it up."

"Well you're stupid to think that." I sighed. He wiped my tears and held onto me tighter.

"Stop crying, Kurt. It's all over. I'm okay."

"You better be okay. You're my best friend, Krist. And you always will be. I don't care if you have feelings for me. We tell each other everything, and we're suppose to always be here for each other. You're really sweet and amazing, Krist. Any... uh... guy or girl, whatever would be really lucky to have you."

He kissed the top of my head and stroked my hair. I know he was trying to calm me down, because I was trembling under him.

"I love you, Krist."

"I love you too."

"I meant as a friend." I whispered.

He nodded. "I know. I did too."

I smiled and got up from the bed. "Well, you get to come home in the morning, but I don't know if I can trust you to stay alone."

He nodded. "You can trust me."

I sadly smiled. "I hope so."