Chapter Three: Hospital

Zacchary

After meeting Ajax Vinzon, a best-selling author of the book Finding Symphony which is based on his real life, we have communicated through email and phone calls. He has proposals about the book but we have to meet in person to discuss about it. Today is the day to meet him.

"Daddy, are you leaving for work?"Chance asked after jumping off the couch. Tumingin lang saglit sa'kin ang kapatid niya, ngumiti at saka nagpatuloy sa pagbabasa. Yes, he reads fluently at the age of five.

"Yes, princess. Behave, okay? Don't give your yaya headache."

"I will, dad."she promised sweetly.

"I'll make sure of that."singit ni Zacc na naglalakad papalapit sa'min. "I'll look after her, dad. You do great at work."

"Of course, champ. Thanks."I told him and messed his hair with my fingers. "Dad's leaving, where's my kiss?"

They kissed me on each of my cheeks before I eventually went off. Kakalabas ko lang ng subdivision nang tumawag si Mr. Vinzon.

"I'm on the way, man. Are you already—"

"Sorry, man. Something came up. I can't make it today."He just stated and immediately hung up.

Napahinto ako sa pagmamaneho. Hindi naman siguro tungkol sa aklat ang problema ano? It will really help me if he'd be able to write our story. Chances loves to read. She might read it and come home to us, right?

Napailing ako, kinukumbinsi ang sarili kong magtutuloy-tuloy lahat. Hindi na lamang ako bumalik ng bahay, dumiretso ako sa Chances Gallery, ang museum na itinayo ko para sa kanya.

At the end of the day, I decided to give Mr. Vinzon a call. He didn't pick up. Kaya tinawagan ko ang secretary niya, I also emailed her. I didn't have any response except that I have to set an appointment for me to see the guy. Tss. It's not making nay sense. Iniiwasan ba ako ng taong 'yon?

"Are you okay, Zacchy? You've been so silent and chivy since yesterday."Mirana commented when we saw each other at one of our brances of Coffee Chances. "Tungkol parin ba 'to—"

"No. I mean..."I paused to sigh. "I don't know." I let out a lopsided smile. "Time's giving me hope but then it took back that same hope instantly in a snap. I don't understand, Nana."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you remember that book we bought together? Finding Symphony?"

"Yes. It's based on real life. Why? Did Jax find Symphony already?"She asked, clapping her hands in cheer.

"No. It's not about the story. It's about the author."

"What does he look like in person? Mas gwapo pa ba kay Arlo?"

"Ang kulit mo. Hindi na ako magkukwento."

"Ito naman. Biro lang e."wika niya saka kinalabit ako sa braso na parang bata. Hindi parin siya nagbabago. Tsk. "What's about him?"

"I showed him a photo of Chances and he affirmed that he saw her. Remember that day Chanchan cried because she saw her mom at the park? She was with Mr. Vinzon."I explained.

Her forehead crinkled so I got it. She didn't understand me so I began telling her the complete story, from the beginning.

"That's really surprising. Nakakapagtaka nga. Siya ang nag-offer at sa kwento mo, mukhang iniiwasan ka nga niya."pahayag ni Mirana. "Alam mo, puntahan mo nalang kaya sa opisina? Dumiretso ka do'n."

Umiling ako; hindi ko siya sinagot at saka tinungo ang opisina. Ilang oras lang ang lumipas, narinig ko ang matinis na boses ni Mirana. Sumilip ako at nakita ko siyang nakikipaglaro kay Chance. Lumabas agad ako para lumapit sa kanila.