Chapter Eleven: Dream

I wanted things to be normal. I don't want to see her becoming more afraid after every single day that passed us by. So I began doing what was usual for us before. Although sometimes, it ended to little fights. That was the kind of us that we have before. Petty fights made Chances and Zacchary's days.

"Hey beautiful! Are you bored? Do you want to go out? I know a place you will surely love."

"What? Harrison, gabi na."

"So what?"Nakangising sambit ko na nagpangiti sa kanya. "Come on. Don't be a buzzkill now."

"Let me just change my pajamas-"

"Don't bother. It's okay."

"Huh? But we're going out."She insisted.

"Just trust me. Unless, mas gusto mo ng maraming tao?"

"No."

Niyakap ko siya bago siya hayaang bumaba sa kama. I was overwhelmed because she was hugging me back. Dinala ko si Chances sa Gallery. Nagtaka pa siya na ako mismo ang nagbukas ng building matapos kaming salubungin ni Fabian, ang guard na nakatoka ngayong gabi.

"Zacc? Sa'n ba tayo pupunta?"Pangungulit niya na naman.

"Sa mundo mo."Sagot ko saka siya iginiya sa loob ng museo.

As I've anticipated, she was glowing with happiness and amazement while gluing her eyes on the paintings that she likes. For minutes, she just ran around, checking paintings from one to another.

"Wow. This is beautiful."She murmured looking at a painting she made years ago for her grandmother.

"Do you remember her now?"I asked.

"Why am I suppose to remember her?"She asked innocently.

"Mahal na mahal ka niyan. At ikaw, sobra mo din siyang mahal."Kwento ko habang nakayakap sa kanya. "Umiiyak ka lagi no'n kapag nakikiusap ka sa'king 'wag kayong magkalayo."

"Sino siya, Zacc?"

Pinaikot ko siya para magkaharap kami. Dim ang lighting sa loob ng museum pero nang masinagan ko ang mukha niya, she was shining. She's as bright as the moonlight, as beautiful as the moon.

"Siya ang lola mo."

"Si lola Carmella. The woman who bakes me strawberry cupcakes, right?"

"Yes. She reared you, Chan."I replied. "Alam mo, sa tingin ko makakatulong sa'yo kapag nakita mo ulit ang mga kaibigan mo."I said when I remembered Lendon and Anelyn. However, Chances shrugged.

"No. I don't want to see other people, Zacchary. No'ng magising ako, halos lahat kinatatakutan ko. I'm afraid of seeing people that I might know."Naiiyak na paliwanag niya. "I rarely trust people. For now, ikaw pa lang ang gusto kong makita. Sorry."

"Hey, don't be. Love, ipapaalala ko sa'yo lahat. Maaalala mo ang sarili mo, Chances. Ako at ang pagmamahal ko ang magpapaalala sa'yo."

The night was perfect-it's just the two of us in a perfect setting. This can't end without making it more memorable. If she isn't going to remember me, I will make sure that she will not forget me after making new beautiful memories with her. With that in thought, I kissed my wife. I know that this is breaking what I have promised. However, Chances didn't stop me. She kissed me back. When we ran out of breath, she ended the passionate kiss we shared and embraced me.