Chapter Thirty-Four: Who's Cheating Who

Chances' Point of View:

The notice was short and urgent so I had to leave the country alone. This is something important for my parents so I did not hesitate to leave especially that my husband is supporting my decision. Besides, I'm going to be away for just a week. Nope, maybe two. It depends.

"Chances, hija. No'ng huli kitang makita, ilang taon ka palang no'n. Nine?" Attorney Galvez stated with a gleeful face.

"I think you're right. Attorney, I'm quite surprised. You're staying for about twenty years and you're still fluent with tagalog." I said to keep the atmosphere as relaxing, comfortable and less emotional as possible.

"How can I forget?" Tumawa siya ng bahagya saka sumilay ang lungkot sa mga mata niya. "Hija—"

"Shh. Attorney, it's all in the past. Biktima ka lang din. As long as, hindi mo naman kagustuhang gawin 'yon at itinabi mo pa ang pinaghirapan ng mga magulang ko, wala kayong dapat na ihingi ng tawad. I'm sure naman na masaya na ang mga magulang ko ngayon."

"Napakabait mong bata, Chances. Manang-mana ka  kay Cassandra at John. Napakabuting tao ng mga magulang mo."

"I can still remember." Pagsang-ayon ko.

"So anyway, like I said, I'll just need to transfer back to your name the account I have hidden after Harrison's plans. This isn't everything that your parents have left but Chances, this is more than half of it costing to more than ten million."

From Attorney Galvez, nalaman ko kung paano nagkaaway si daddy at ang papa ni Zacc. Aside from the fact pointed out year ago by tita Veronica, my father was her first boyfriend. It was just plain crush, it wasn't even love according to her. When they were dating, she realized that it's her childhood sweetheart that she really liked. So their short-lived love story ended and began with different persons whom they eventually married—tita Veronica had her Garret Harrison while John dela Rosa had his Cassandra Zimmerman, my parents.

With the money they have earned from their profession plus the amount that mom has inherited from her parents, they planned on pursuing their dreams—to establish an architectural firm. Isa sa mga factory na pagmamay-ari ng papa ni Zacc ay nakatayo sa isang lupa na pagmamay-ari ng magulang ni mommy. It was sold illegally, my parents still have the complete documents of the property. Dad really didn't make it a big deal especially when tita Veronica tried to talk it out to solve the conflict. But then, Mr. Harrison accused my father of having an affair. Aside from that, my father found out Mr. Harrison's illegal business.

But so much for the past, everything is falling back into place now. Mr. Harrison who is still in prison is currently a minister of God inside the penitentiary. I am so amazed by God of how He moves into our lives in a very unexpected way. His ways are indeed beyond ours. We can never fathom His ways, His thoughts and all because that is what He is, He is God. Si Papa Gary, he's like Paul. They are reminders that God never looks for the qualified, He qualifies those who He called. Afterall, we are all imperfect. Maliit o malaking kasalanan, it's still sin before the eyes of God. God can change a heart of a man like papa Gary, so tell me, what can't He do in your life? What can't He do in your struggles?

I just really felt so blessed. The events almost last four years were tragic but they were the entrance of changing for the better. We knew who to call our family, we learned how to value life and most importantly we learned how to forgive and continue to love.

While I was inside the cab back to the hotel where I am staying, Mirana video-chatted me. She's with Symphony. Talagang napapadalas na ang pagsasama ng mga 'to.

"Uwi na, Chan. Laging umiiyak si Devine. Napakaiyakin." Sumbong ni Nana na nagpatawa sa'kin.

"Hulaan mo. Aside from Baby Dev, may mas nami-miss sa'yo."