Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Most-Awaited POV

Nero's Point of View:

Buntis si Sky sa lalaking 'yon? It can't be! She is not his wife! Sky is just mine and not even her pregnancy can change my plans. Nothing can change my mind.

"Nero." She called out when I entered the room. "I'm pregnant. My husband and I dream of this and look—"

"You are not going to talk about those filthy criminals again! I will make you mine, Sky. And you will be the payback of what they did to my father!" I angrily told her. I don't really mean what I said. Sobrang mahal ko lang ang babaeng 'to at hindi ko siya kayang mawala.

I felt like, any moment, my tears were going to fall so before it could happen, I turned my back on her.

"Why don't you just kill me too, Nero? Life for a life?" Wika niya bago ako malabas ng pinto. "Patayin mo nalang ako! They killed your dad! So kill me! Sabi mo diba? Ako ang kabayaran ng ginawa nila! Bakit ako, Nero? Bakit ako? Hindi naman si Zacc ang kaaway mo dito e!"

"Shut the fck up, Chances! You don't know anything!"

"Oo nga! Wala nga akong alam kaya ba't hindi mo sabihin sa'kin ang nalalaman mo?! Bakit mo ba ako niligtas no'ng araw na 'yon kung unti-unti mo lang din pala akong papatayin? Sana hinayaan mo nalang akong mamatay!"

Upon that statement, I looked at her sternly. Ano'ng unti-unting pinapatay!? I saved her! I wanted to protect her because I love her.

"Yan ba 'yong pakiramdam mo?" I asked her after drawing back closer to her. "Gano'n ka ba kamanhid? Chances, I dodged bullets, escaped death twice for you. Para proteksiyonan ka dahil mahal na mahal kita! Tapos ngayon sasabihin mong unti-unti kang pinapatay ng pagmamahal ko?"

"Nero..."

"Ang tagal ko ng nagising! And you know what, those criminals, 'yong gagong asawa mo, they tried killing me! After dad, they threatened Wayne, they threatened Symphony!"

"At ako ang magbabayad no'n?" She was also crying and it broke my heart watching her in tears. For six years, I took care of her, promising that she will never cry while she's with me. "Hindi mo 'ko totoong mahal. If you love me, you should know what makes me really happy. If you love me Nero, you shouldn't hide the truth from me."

Tumalikod siya sa'kin kaya nakatagilid siyang humiga sa hospital bed. Her shoulders are shaking, signifying that she's sobbing.

Dad's right. There's not one thing that I've done to make him proud. Disappointment, that's the perfect word appropriate for me. Gusto ko lang namang magmahal. Gusto ko lang naman siyang ilayo sa mga taong gustong manakit sa kanya. Gusto ko lang siyang mabuhay sa mundong nararapat sa kanya, mundong tahimik, mundong malayo sa gulo. Mundong malayo sa asawa niya.

Growing up in a family of doctors, I was forced to follow my parents and our family's profession. Hindi ako masaya. I only wanted recognition from my father, someone I met three years before I got my license. Yes, he and my mother are legally separated when I was only two. That is why I am carrying the name of my mom's late husband. It's so ironic because he died of cancer and our family are all doctors. When he died, I looked for my biological father. It turned out he's a doctor too. Surprise, he doesn't like me. I got the profession they want, but my father wasn't proud.

Kaya naman, sinunod ko ang puso ko, ang payo ng pinsan kong si Wayne na ipursue ang passion ko sa Arts. I began a small tattoo parlor. But in fear that my parents might find out, I placed it somewhere far, somewhere hidden, somewhere that my parents least think where it'll be. My life was simple and I enjoyed it everyday, painting portraits and drawing tattoos on people's skins.