running for my life

Jughead's P.O.V

I woke up and decided to check on Veronica. I was worried sick about her. After I had bursted in last night to see sweet pea trying to take advantage of her, I beat him and kicked him out. I saw her in only her underwear. I had tried to help her but she wanted to be alone. I understand. I felt bad for her. What would've happened if I hadn't gone in there? I probably know the answer. After all she did almost get..... raped.... and she's a virgin. I mean she-

Wait.

shit.

Did I forget to lock the door?

The thought entered my mind and I sprung out of bed and ran to the basement of the white wyrm. I threw open the door to see the ropes hanging behind the chair, and no clothes anywhere. It was completely empty. Holy fuck.

I ran out and changed into my serpent jacket and black ripped jeans.

I ran out not telling my dad we already lost the girl we held captive on the second day. Not even, more like the first. I jumped on the motorcycle and went to the Pembroke. I knocked on the door nervously. Hiram lodge answered the door. "Hello... jughead?" He seemed unsure. "Hello Mr.Lodge. Is Veronica home?" I asked trying to see over his shoulder inside. "She doesn't live here anymore. Why do you ask?" He said cocking an eyebrow. "Um no reason," I said as I walked back to my motorcycle. He called something after me but my brain clung to the words, 'she doesn't live here anymore'. How am I supposed to find her now?

I looked everywhere for her. I looked at sweet water river, I asked Cheryl and Toni, I even went to Riverdale high, even though it was a Sunday. I gave up after hours of looking for her. I went to pops and ordered a strawberry milkshake. I slammed my fist on the table and got a look from pop. I mouthed 'sorry', and he went back to his business. I was so fricking upset though. I know something horrible happened to her, but my dad will literally kill me.

No joke, literally.

I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I put my head in my hands and tried not to let the tears take me over.

Veronicas P.O.V
I jumped into the shower and tried to wash the sin off of me. I didn't succeed. I changed into another 'badass' outfit and was about to head out the door.

What am I thinking?
Will he find me?
Well I mean I can't spend the rest of my life in the shadows.

I looked in the mirror and decided to make it unbelievable that I'm Veronica Lodge, the girl they wanted. I looked through a bunch of stuff in the storage closet and found blonde hair die. I rolled my eyes and applied it to my whole head. Now I'm completely blonde. Damn. I'm hot either way.

And it wasn't like a fake blonde, it was like a Betty blonde...

That gives me and idea.

I walked to the bathroom and found a curler in the drawer. When I got this place ready, I put everything you can think of in here. Almost. I straightened then curled my hair the way Betty has it. I didn't want to change my outfit, because honestly I looked good.

I finished off my outfit with a ponytail. I looked like Betty's twin. Except for the eyes.

I walked out of my room and went through a few more door till I arrived at the kitchen. Of course jughead has to be here while I'm trying to leave!

I walked out slowly and passed jughead. I try to act as normal as I can without attracting attention.

"Betty?" He suddenly asks standing up.