i dare you

Veronicas P.O.V

"Please, jughead. Don't make me go back there." I pleaded as I followed him out of Archie's house. "No, I'm sorry Veronica, but you have to come. It's not an option."

"Do you want me to run again?" I asked lifting my eyebrows. "Cmon." He said pulling my arm. I glued my feet to the ground and snatched my arm away from him. "No, jughead, I'm not going." I said sternly.

"I hope you know you're not as intimidating as a blonde. Not the best color on you." He said turning away.

I scoffed and replied, "I'm serious jughead. I'm not going."

He stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Fine." He said walking towards me. I backed away a few steps, but not before he grabbed my waist and lifted me up over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I yelled smacking his back. "Jughead!" I yelled. He laughed at my displeasure and I continued screaming. "Veronica, you better shut your mouth." He said looking at me over his shoulder. "Or what? You'll shut me up?" I asked almost laughing. "I sure as hell will." He said setting me down. I steadied myself and tried to stop the world from spinning. "I'm going to run again," I said once I was still. "No you're not." He said simply. "And why wouldn't I?" I asked crossing my arms. "Because," He said getting out his knife. My eyes widened again and I scoffed. "You would never." I said rolling my eyes. "I would." He said nodding his head a little.

"I dare you," I said cocking an eyebrow.

He clenched his jaw and did the unexpected.

He rolled up his jacket sleeve and cut a deep line into his skin.

I winced in his pain. I wanted to cry at the sight but stopped myself. I put a hand over my mouth as a line of blood dripped down his wrist and onto the concrete.

I looked up at him shaking, although he seemed unaffected by it. He had made a slight grunting noise as he did it, but he all in all seemed utterly emotionless.

"Don't believe me now Veronica?" He said, putting the pocketknife back in his pocket. "Jughead, that's not what I..."

"You disobey me again, that'll happen to you." He said thickly.

I gulped and slightly nodded. He just rolled back down his sleeve and continued walking. To make sure I didn't go anywhere, he interlocked his arm in mine. I wondered how he wasn't hurting more. Why didn't he care? I mean when someone does that, they at least show some pain. But then a question popped into my head.

Is he use to the pain?

When we arrived, he looked me in the eyes giving me a strange look that I didn't completely understand. We walked into the wyrm and all eyes turned on us.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in.. blonde isn't bad on you, but brunettes are sexier," A certain tall, raven haired douchebag stated. "Shut the hell up sweet pea," jughead said practically dragging me across the bar. "No way jones. You wish you got as far as I did with her. And one day I will. Just you watch out Veronica Lodge." He said obviously drunk. I rolled my eyes at him and was continued being dragged. "Jughead let me go!" I yelled trying to yank myself free. "No way princess, I'm not letting you go this time." He said snarling and smirking back at me. I scoffed and was pulled behind the bar. He squeezed my hand tightly as he reached for something below the counter. I struggled to get free, but I couldn't under his tight grip. When I saw what he got, I realized it was rope and duct tape. My jaw opened slightly and he pulled me downstairs. He showed me off to everyone proudly, as if what he was doing was an accomplishment.

When we got to the basement door, everything was familiar. The look, the feel, even the smell.

When he opened the door he practically threw me inside and I almost stumbled onto the floor. "Jughead!" I yelled. He closed and locked the door behind him. He tossed off his jacket and unraveled the rope. "Jughead please don't tie me up again." I pleaded once more. "Sorry princess. Boss' orders. Plus, we don't want you getting away again," he said smirking at me. "I promise I won't go! You can even lock the door!" I said raising my voice. "As tempting as that does sound, I'll pass." He said making a strange expression. I rolled my eyes. "What's the duct tape for?" I asked tiredly. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. "To cover your mouth with. Duh," he said as if it was obvious. I backed away slowly. "Hell no. There is no way I'm letting you put that on me." I said pointing a finger at him. He cut a piece of rope with his bloody pocket knife and walked up to me. "I find it funny how you think you have an option," he said getting closer. I narrowed my eyes at him, but it was too late. He grabbed my wrist and squeezed it hard. He flipped me around and pushed my face and body against the wall, pinning me by my back. As my cheek was against the cold concrete wall, he pulled my other wrist and tied them together with the rope. "Jughead!" I yelled from against the wall. I tried to break free once more, but I couldn't. Not against his hold. When he was done, I filled myself around. My hair was now in my face, and my ponytail was slouchy. "Betty cooper would not approve," he said gesturing towards my ponytail. "You know what jughead? I was actually going to talk to you about Archie earlier, but your such a self absorbed douche, I couldn't get a word out without you-"

rip.

I stop my sentence to see him ripping off a piece of duct tape. I started to back away from him again, and bumped into the wall. I started walking around the room as he followed me as if I was his prey. Which I bet I was to him. He eventually had me cornered and I shook my head. "Don't do this," I said softly.

"I don't really have a choice princess."

He put his hand on my neck almost choking me, and outlined my jawline with it. He picked my head up with only that hand and smacked the piece of tape on my mouth. He patted it on hard, so it wouldn't come off.

"Msjssj skpmdk mshjshskl," I said, but he couldn't hear me with the tape.

He put a pinger to his mouth. "Shh shh shh.. now it's my turn to speak." He said smirking at my anger.

I squinted my eyes at him and slid down the wall.

This was going to be a long night.