blood sweat and tears// awake

Jugheads P.O.V

I made it to her door and slowly knocked on it. I had my heart in my hand and I was just praying she'd accept it.

When the door handle slowly turned from the other side and it freaked open a bit to reveal a slice of the brunettes face. One of her glossy brown eyes was exposed and I saw her look down and back up before leaving the door how it was and going back to wherever.

I opened the door a little and closed it behind me. I saw her on the bed, surrounded in tissues and tears. I couldn't bare the silence so I cut it.

"Veronica, I-

"Don't, jughead. Please— don't." I looked down to her and she was waving her hand around in dismissal.

"I should be the one apologizing." I just looked at the ground and she took a long sigh.

"I'm sorry, I'm just all over the place lately. I don't know what to think or what to do. You've physically abused me, and you're my previous captor. What the fuck is that going to say about me if I admit what I'm feeling for you?" She looked at me at the end, as if realizing she had let something slip. I felt an itch on my chest and realized my heart was warming up every time she mentioned feelings.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes to release more tears on her face.

________
Veronica's P.O. V

"Jughead, please I just need some more time to think." He looked down and then back up at me with those puppy dog eyes.

"Veronica. Please— just tell me what's wrong. I can help you, we can figure this out togeth-"

"Stop! Just, stop it, jughead!" I couldn't take it. He was too sweet and I just can't take him being that kind to me. It's making me fall even harder. His expression suddenly turned stern and almost pissed.

"I don't understand you! You keep playing with my head, and I don't like it! Why can't you stop?" I cried as tears ran down my face.

"I can't! When you're in love it's hard to keep your mind straight," he said through gritted teeth.

"You love me?"

My heart began to fly and one could only describe it as butterflies. I felt all fuzzy and light.

"I-um, I didn't say that-"

I nodded and I saw my long and teary lashes out of my eyes and a smile tugged on my lips.

"Jughead." I took a step closer and I put a finger softly on his lips.

"Now I know what I'm feeling. And now I know it's too strong to fight— no matter what other people will think." I took a deep breath and said the words I longed to say for far too long, and I hadn't even known it.

"I love you too, jughead." His eyes grew a smile and his cheeks flushed a bright red.

He leaned down and I shared a kiss with him. The guy I just decided I loved. The kiss was beyond words indescribable and genuine. Passion was oozing out of our lips and there was not just lust— there was love. For the first time ever I felt truly loved and cherished.

But of course, it didn't last for long.

{From here on out, there will be some descriptive parts including violence. Such as blood, murder, and just killing in general.}

"Guys!" Cheryl charged in the room, oblivious to me and Jughead sharing a special moment.

"We need to go. Now." We followed her outside and the others were running around frantically. Betty taking deep breaths and gently holding a hand around her stomach.