no chemistry

Veronicas P.O.V

"What's going on with you and Veronica?"

I felt Jughead's eyes stuck on my face, but I had a different approach to this. I just stared at Cheryl and Toni with wide and confused eyes.

"I'm sorry, what?" I looked to jughead with raised eyebrows as a way to try and nudge him to go along with me.

"Yeah, what are you guys talking about?" Jughead followed up, and I internally sighed.

"Oh god, come on guys! You have a bi-polar relationship." I looked to jughead and he looked down at his lap then back at Cheryl.

"Uh, I mean," Cheryl realized what she said and immediately felt uncomfortable.

"Okay seriously though, there's nothing going on between me and Veronica," Jughead said.

"Yeah. Honestly it's pretty insulting that you would think that low of me," I said taking another swing of my beer.

"Ouch," Jughead added making me smirk.

"See! See that right there! That's why we think there's something weird going on!" Toni yelled pointing her finger at us.

"Oh come on! Just cause he makes me smile doesn't mean we're fucking!" I yelled. Cheryl smiled brightly, staring in the distance.

"Um, Cheryl?" Jughead snapped her back to reality.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Just in the zone. Thinking about how amazing you guys would be together," Cheryl said getting back into her character.

"Oh god, just shut up!" I yelled annoyed.

"Veronica, it's a truth. You have to answer honestly," Betty said softly from beside me. I turned to her and dramatically threw my hands in the air defensively. "I'm not lying! There's nothing going on between us!" Archie narrowed his eyes as well as sweet pea and fangs. Reggie was just sitting back with pursed lips.

"Nah, they're not smashing," reggie said out of nowhere. "Thank you," Jughead said gesturing a hand to reggie.

"There's no chemistry there," he continued. Me and Jughead both looked to him with confusion. But I was afraid if either of us said anything they would become even more suspicious.

"Agreed."

"Mhm."

Fangs and sweet pea agreed with Reggie and they all chilled back in their seats.

"Yup. You caught us," i said sarcastically.

Cheryl narrowed her eyes at us. She hummed a no noise and said, "I'm not buying it."

Cheryl leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms while giving Toni a sly smirk and turning back to me.

"If it's true, and you guys have no chemistry and no feelings for each other, i dare you two to kiss. Hardcore. In front of us all." Everyone let out a small laugh as if saying they're on board.

"Oh come on, Cheryl. Are you that cliché?" Cheryl gave a pondering look for a moment and turned her expression back to obvious. "Uh, yeah," she said obviously.

"Fine," I turned to jughead and I could tell his heart was beating as fast as mine.

"We'll kiss." Jughead swallowed hard but gave an annoyed look to fool them. But he wasn't fooling me.

"Oh! Make it saucy," Betty yelled. Man, she already sounds like a pregnant woman.

"Get some, man!" Sweet pea yelled as I got up and started walking to him. I turned around and gave him a quick glare.