changes

veronicas P.O.V
I went running once again. Calves already burning as well as my eyes. Tears were streaming down my face.
I'm so glad I slapped Betty yesterday. Archie and I are through. For good. I can't believe he would do this to me. I thought he loved me... now I have to go home and pack my things... and find somewhere to stay for the night. I ran back to the Pembroke. Somewhere along the way, I lost a heel. I was wobbling inside when I see my dad stand up when I walk in. "mija... are you packed?" He said adjusting his tie. I still couldn't believe he was throwing me out. "n-no", I said walking slowly to my room. "well pack because we have guests staying tonight." He said leaving the room. "what? mom what is he talking about?" I asked her with confusion. "we're renting out your room..." she said siping her wine. I scoffed and went to my room to pack. I cried as I stuffed everything I could into my tiny suitcase. As if they need anymore money. I had no money now. No one would believe me of course. now I had to figure out where I was going to stay. I couldn't go to Betty's. not at Archie's for sure. Cheryl and Toni? I don't want to be rude and intrude on their love life. I basically had no one else. Definitely not jughead. We're polar opposites. Plus he doesn't like me. Just then as I zipped up my suitcase, a thought of the place I could sleep at tonight, popped in my head. And here my adventure starts. I walked out of my room trying to act confident. "bye mija-" she started. "bye trader" I said as I slammed the door in her face.

I walked down the street with my small suitcase rolling behind me. It started to make a lot of noise so I picked it up and carried it. I was getting chills although it was no where near cold. I thought about everything that was going on in my life. I started to walk faster to think about something else. When I arrived at my destination, I sighed and walked inside. The bell rang when I walked into pops, and I looked inside to see no one. Then I peer behind the counter to see FP standing there confused. I gave him a small smile and walked right past him. I could tell why he kept staring. I had my small suitcase and I ignored him and went to the back. I went through the kitchen and to the door in the back of the kitchen. I went through a couple more twist and turn doors and came to a room. I smiled at it. It was a small room. There wasn't a lot of space, but it would work. The room mainly consisted of just a bed, a mirror, a small bathroom, a tv, and a nightstand. The tv was small and about the size of a desktop computer. I unpacked my clothes and then brushed my teeth and my hair. I knew it wasn't the Pembroke, but it's better than being abused. I turned on the tv and tried to turn on Netflix. I then realized i didn't have Netflix here, so I put on regular tv. There was a show I've never seen before.. it's called... 'Friends'. I started watching it and laughed my ass off. I eventually fell asleep to the sound of the actors voices.

I woke up the next morning to 17 missed calls, and 24 unread messages. They were all from Archie. He kept apologizing and asking for forgiveness. I turned my phone off and rolled my eyes. I got up and took a shower. While I was about to pour the shampoo in my hair, the water cut off. I looked up at the faucet and scoffed. I dried myself off and got out. I blow dried my hair and got dressed. I put on my regular dress and pearls. I tried not to look at myself for too long. I quickly applied my makeup and got my bag. I walked out and snuck from the kitchen out of Pop's. I went to school and acted normal. People stared at me the whole day. I guess they knew. I wonder if Jughead does. He'll be more hurt than me. Although I got some stares, Midge's funeral was the chit chat of the day. As much as I wanted to go, I wasn't in the mood. And I know how selfish it was of me, but I really don't want to cry anymore.
I managed to go the whole day without talking to anyone except Toni and Cheryl. They just told me about the funeral. We all went together. It was a sad event. The whole time I looked back at Jughead, Betty and Archie. It doesn't even seem like they noticed I wasn't hanging out with them. Surprisingly enough, Archie didn't interact with me all day. Jughead was holding hands with Betty, and Betty with Archie. Did he even notice? I looked back to the coffin and a few tears escaped my eyes.

After the funeral, I went home alone. Toni and Cheryl offered to drive me, but I kindly refused, as my new home is a well known diner. I got home and tried to go to bed without thinking about anything else depressing. I watched 'Friends' again, and laughed. For once I forgot about my sadness. Just as I was starting to forget my problems, I got a few more texts from Archie. 'I miss you Ronnie', 'please Veronica', 'I love you baby'. It was funny how he said all of that over texts, but didn't even spare me a glance in person. I charged my phone and zoned everything out. I just listened to Rachel, Chandler, Ross, Joey, Monica, and Phoebe have fun and hang out. Because they're friends. I thought to myself how I practically have none of those anymore. I went to bed thinking about my sad, pathetic life, and ended up crying myself to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and got ready again. I took a short shower at the risk of the water being shut off. My sticky cheeks dried up and I put on another dress with heels and pearls. I observed my appearance and looked in the mirror. As I looked at my reflection, I remembered who I was. I was Veronica Lodge. I ran my hands over my pearls and thought about my dad. How much he hurt me, and how much he hurt other people. People despise me because of him. He ruined my life. My eyes filled with water as my head filled with dread. My phone buzzed and I looked at it. It was a text message from Archie. It read, 'I love you Ronnie, please answer'. I broke. My tears came faster than the rain in a flood. I thought about my 'best friend', and my now ex-boyfriend. I stared into the mirror. I thought about who was staring back at me. I thought about it and realized I hated that girl. She was so weak. She gave up too easily. I cried more and more. I remembered how everything is falling apart. It was at that moment I knew something had to change. I looked in the mirror one last time and said goodbye to that girl.

I wiped my tears, and from that point on, I made a decision:

that girl is now dead.