bosses' orders

Veronicas P.O.V

I was currently snuggled into Jughead's head and body, while he was softly stroking my hair. Neither of us had spoken since his dad left the room, but I believe we were both in fear of what each other would say. Right now, everything was comfortable, and for once, I was happy. I just silently listened to Jughead's heartbeat, the rhythm, and one beat after another. Just something to get my mind off of the hell that is my life.

"Veronica? Can we talk?," he asked sitting up, which forced me to get off of him. Dammit. And as much as I wanted to know what our previous conversation was exactly about, hearing he words, 'can we talk,' was enough to send my brain over the edge. It started to spiral so much, he words that were now coming out of Jughead's mouth were just a blur and fogged message to my living and breathing hell.

I tried to meet his eyes, but they continued to slowly close as I struggled to keep them open. I took deep breath and used all my energy to sit up straight and involve myself in the conversation. "Veronica, I know I've hurt you so much. Well, I know that now, and I will explain everything to you, but just now is not the right time. I hope you get that," he said. A sudden pain in my chest shocked and struck through, and forced me to hold my breath.

In every miserable attempt I tried in breathing, another sharp pain attacked me. I couldn't breathe no matter how hard I tried. The pain that kept coming back whenever I tried to was too unbearable. "Veronica, are you okay?," Jughead asked softly. It now felt as if my throat was closing up.

The small amount of air that had been squeezing its way in and out of my body, was now gone. My mouth gaped open as the pain grew and more and more air poured out of my mouth. "Veronica?," Jughead now yelled. I rapidly shook my head and raised my hand to my throat. Now when I finally wanted to speak and tell Jughead that I understand, I couldn't.

I used the one ounce of strength I had to casually move my lips. 'Nurse,' was all I said and Jughead heaved himself up off the bed. He limped as fast as he could out the door, to which I felt extremely bad about. He held his stomach tightly and yelled out, "I need a nurse! Please someone!"

Before I knew it, a nurse was in the room trying to help me breathe again. She horribly failed and my eyes opened wide and tears filled them. "Sir, please excuse yourself from this room," the nurse tried to usher Jughead out. "No! I'm staying," he assured. Angered, the nurse charged at him. "Sir, leave!," she pushed him out the door and shut it.

Meanwhile, I was still searching for air. She looked around for I have no idea what, and looked at me with a deep expression as she pulled something from the bedside table drawer. Suddenly, a miracle happened, and I started to gasp for breath.

I shot up and air once again filled my lungs. How I even went that long without breathing, I have no idea, but now I could breathe. God I never knew how much of an honor it was to breathe. I smiled brightly at the nurse who smiled in return, except only she was very still and no where near as happy as me. Now that I think about it, she wasn't worried or even slightly concerned.

I slowly narrowed my eyes at her as I caught my breath and her smile quickly went away. I slowly mouthed, 'what,' to the subtle nurse. Her grin then grew and she shrugged. "I'm sorry Veronica," I squinted lowly at her and she held up a syringe. I felt the needle rip through my skin and the cold liquid in the tube was injected inside of me. Then there was one thing I heard before falling into darkness:

"Bosses' orders."

____________
Jughead's P.O.V

I had no idea what the hell was going on with Veronica. The nurse practically threw me out of the room, and even though it's only been about 10 seconds, I wanna make sure she's okay.