landed

Veronicas P.O.V

"Guys, we're landing."

Toni braced herself for the landing while everyone else buckled their seatbelts for it. While the plane flew its way to the ground, I couldn't help but think about earlier.

I have no idea why I decided to... be with Jughead, but I don't think it's such a good idea. I don't want to lead him on if I can't forgive him for what he did. It's just gonna end up hurting us both in the long run.

But he's bipolar. And I know from previous experience what people with bipolar depression need someone to care about them. Someone to love them. I mean, I don't think me and him will ever get there, but I can be there for him while I can, or at least until he gets better.

But every time I even think about one day saying it, or anything remotely close, pictures on my bloody arms and ripped shirt pop into my head. My bruised and bested flesh, my blood stained wrists, and my tear ridden face. He put me through so much, and I want to be there for him, but a part of me is disgusted by him as a person. And me, for even getting within ten feet. But I'm sure we can't do it five feet apart.

I felt the plane land- well, I heard Toni scream- and I swiped all the thoughts from my memory.

We have landed miss lodge, Donovan said over the intercom.

I unbuckled, got out of my seat, took the luggage, and got out of the plane. Everyone soon followed behind me, toni grateful to be on land again.

"So, where do we go now?" Betty asked joining everyone outside three aircraft. "Well, we'll drop off the luggage and find our rooms first. Sound good?" They all agreed as if they were tired- although they had a good 3 hours to sleep- and I collected a limo from Donovan.

"Oh, and Donovan, sweetie," he turned back to me and nodded, waiting for me to continue. "Do not tell either of my parents where I am. No not tell anyone where we are. Got it?" He seemed confused but slightly nodded. "I mean it, Donovan. If you tell a soul, you lose your job. And tell everyone else in the plane as well." He nodded, more efficiently this time, understanding.

"When would you like me to pick you up, miss lodge?" I but my lip and thought for a moment. "I'll let you know. Obviously, a three or so hour heads up." He nodded and bowed, saying goodbye in, his weeks fashion I suppose.

I turned back and got inside the limo. Of course, reggie was driving, and we had a smiling seating arrangement to what we had earlier, except Jughead was on my left, and no one was on my right. The limo was much bigger than the previous ones.

"So, veronica, why do you and your parents have this... island?" Sweet pea asked uncomfortably.

"Well, Sweet Pea, we usually rent it out to people for the big bucks, but when people aren't here, we come here for a vacation. It's very tropical," I replied, handing reggie my phone with the directions in a list I made on the plane.

"But like, is there anyone here... right now?" Fangs chipped in. I shook her head.

"No, there isn't. We've recently stopped leasing it due to my dad's... business associates trashing the place last October. But no need to worry, it's all cleaned up now. Plus most people come in the summer." They both nodded.

"So how many rooms are in this place?" Archie asked, leaning closer to Betty and her belly. "Uh, well there's... multiple houses?" I said unsure. Betty looked at Archie suspiciously then back at me.

"Multiple? What do you mean?" Betty asked, confused. "Well, I mean, there are multiple tiny  houses, and a very big one." Toni raised her eyebrows.