Chapter 4

^Joann Pov^

I stir from my sleep, feeling light hit my eyes. I open my eyes and don't recognize the ceiling. I sit up immediately and look around my surroundings. Trying to take a second and recollect everything that has happened during the past 24 hours. I ran from Andrew which led me to falling and getting hurt. I woke up to find myself in a little house somewhere in an open field which is surrounded by the woods. I met Lucifer who found me hurt and took me here to help treat my wounds. And lastly, I'm now stuck here for a couple weeks until I get better and am able to walk without help.

Reminding myself of all these things, I get up from the bed and limp towards the closet door, cringing here and there from the pain. I open the door to find a walk-in closet with tons of clothes, drawers, and shoes. How convenient, he couldn't have possibly got all of this yesterday when I was knocked out. Maybe he has a girlfriend, which could explain why there are so many girly clothes in here. I look towards the pink frilly dresses and cringe, imagining having to throw one on. I limp towards the shirts and grab a green t-shirt and open the drawer under it to find jeans. Grabbing one of the blue jeans in the drawer and closing the drawer, I open a couple other drawers to find undergarments. After getting everything, I grab a pair of gray converse and go back to my room. I limp to the bathroom and change, taking my time and making sure to have the counter support me as I change. I then brush my hair afterwards, and limp out of my room towards Lucifer's bedroom. Knocking on his door, I put my ear up to it and listen for any noise. I hear the creaking of a bed and the sound of someone groaning.

"What do you wanttttt?" Lucifer says and drawls out the last word lazily. I giggle a bit, but try to keep it quiet only to fail miserably.

"I'm hungry, get up and help me downstairs. I want food now." I say in a teasing and demanding tone. I may have only known the guy for a day, but if I'm going to be living with him I might as well just act casual with him. After beating him so much at chess yesterday too also plays a part with me acting chummy with him. Can't help it, playing games and being competitive is always a good icebreaker for me and makes me comfortable with people.

"Fine, fine, just gimme a sec, I need to change." He says in response. I nod and limp towards the stairs and sit down, waiting patiently. A couple minutes later, Lucifer comes out, hair a bit messy from sleep, but other than that looking good as usual. I shake my head trying to get those thoughts out of my head and try to stand up, only to fail miserably. Seriously, who cares if he's good looking, I just met him yesterday. He could be secretly insane for all I know and you can't judge a book by its cover.

Lucifer helps me up and takes me downstairs towards the kitchen and sets me on the stool like before. I sit and wait for him to get me something and swing my legs back and forth lightly.

"How do you like your eggs? Also want some bacon?" He asks as he opens the fridge and takes out an egg cart with some milk and takes some frozen bacon from the freezer.

"Scrambled please and I'll definitely take some bacon too. Who would say no to delicious bacon, you'd have to be insane to say no to it." I say excitedly with the thought of food. Lucy nods and gets to cooking, so to pass time I lay my head on the breakfast bar and close my eyes. I slowly feel myself falling asleep when I feel Lucifer shaking my shoulder to wake up. I raise my head to smell food and see a plate of scrambled eggs with bacon infront of me. I delightfully grab my fork and dig in as Lucifer puts all the stuff away. He picks up his own plate and sits in the stool next to me, eating his food as well.

Silence takes over and surprisingly it wasn't as awkward as the night before. Once I finish, I look over to see Lucifer almost done. I wait for him to finish and take his plate when he's done. I get out of my seat and limp around the breakfast bar towards the sink so I could clean the dishes.