Chapter 10

^Joann's POV^

I stare at Lucifer, face beat red and trying to think of a plausible explanation of what to say. "I- I um.. Well you see... I'm SORRY!" I yell and turn to exit the room as quickly as I could while covering my face. He tries to say something, but I completely tune it out.

I quite literally sprint out of his room slamming the door and make my way outside. I could go back to my room, but I just rather just go outside at the moment after that embarrassment. I go through the multiple hallways until I find the exit that leads to the garden. Once out the doors, I enter the garden and look for a certain tree. I remember as a child I had found a tree that had a secret door and was actually hollow. It did not take long to find it after walking farther into the garden and feeling the edges out of muscle memory to the ridges where the secret door would be at. I find it and pull it open and quickly enter it and close it behind me.

I sit on the old pillows I had put in here a long time ago and feel for the oil lamp. Once in my grasp. I light it and finally relax a little.

I can't believe what I just did, why can't I just learn! God that was embarrassing and awkward. How am I supposed to face him after that embarrassment? Maybe I should just hide out and skip dinner. If I go back to my room, he may just go looking for me and I'm definitely not ready to talk to him after that. I sigh to myself, still feeling flabbergasted after what just happened. I feel slightly guilty running from him, remembering the last time I did, but there was no way I was just going to be calm about the situation. My first instinct was just to run from it.

The worries of everything were buzzing in my head, but over time with only the sound of my breathing my mind started to become fuzzy from the feeling of needing to sleep. I felt myself start to slip off into sleep only to jolt awake at the sound of the opening.

----------------------------------

^Lucifer's POV^

As I exit the bathroom after showering to grab some clothes, I freeze in place in shock. Joann stood there, shock on her face as well as she started sputtering out words and then yelled sorry. I was trying to tell her to breathe and it was fine, when she turned and ran out of the room like a bat out of hell. She slammed the door loudly, only to leave silence behind afterwards. I really need to lock my fucking doors. I stand there for a minute trying to process what had just happened and realized that I should go after her. But before I could do that, I would need to get dressed. I open my bag that I still hadn't even unpacked yet and throw on an outfit quickly. With that I make my way back to the door and open it. I wasn't supposed to be roaming the hallways, but screw that at this point. I see the maid I saw earlier, Katherine I believe, and make my way to her.

"Excuse me, my apologies for bothering you so often and how I acted before. I was wondering if there is any possible way for you to show me to Princess Joann's room? She left my room so quickly that I wasn't able to get much of a word out to her. Afterwards, I do have some free time so I wouldn't mind that tour as much to get to know the place more.", I say while faking a hopeful smile. She smiles back to me in excitement with me finally taking up her offer of showing me around.

"Okay, let me show you to her room! Afterwards I'll show you all around you and the best places to go to." Katherine says excitedly as she grabs my arm and takes me down the hall.

I cringe slightly when she grabs me, but hides it well seeing how she doesn't seem to notice. We make our way down the hallway and towards the west wing. Was this idiot not told I was not to wander around? It's helpful she's stupid, but in my country, people like her would be executed just for her ignorance. Is everyone in this country just this stupid? I think to myself as we stop at a door. She's about to knock on the door for me, when I push her back lightly with my arm and shake my head. I can feel a presence that I've sensed before.

Falling Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें