Think before I talk

Y/n POV

Today was the worst day that it could ever be, and the worst mistake I could ever make in history. My best friend and crush, since we were five, won't talk to me all day because of the incident. I feel like i went way to far in our friendship to go there.

~Flashback~

I was in a crap mood today, I got detention for just telling the teacher the truth. Plus he asked me for an explanation so I gave it to him. Doesn't mean he gets to give me a 15 minute detention for it. That's half of my time I didnt get to spend with C/n! 

So when I had my time in 'jail' I walked angrily to the cafeteria. But as soon as I was about to walk throughthe doors, someone pulled me aside. "Where were you, Y/n?" That voice was so familiar I knew exactly who it was. 

"I'm sorry C/n, I got detention..!" I said not wanting to waste time to eat food.

But something in C/n was burning him inside. "You shoul you weren't with that Jason kid making out..?" He looked mad, I don't know why but.

"No no no I wasn't with him! I swear I was in detention!" I responded.

"Then why did I see you with him in English today! Mm?" 

I was confused, what's gotten into him. "C/n, him and I were doing an assignment together. Nothing else.!" 

"Oh yeah, so how come he was holding your hand?" He growled.

"He was flirting with me! I pulled my hand away as soon as he held it! So don't go saying that!" I wasn't in the mood for fighting, and not with c/n.

"Oh really..!" He snarked.

I grunted, "Yes really! And don't you ever think that I may have other guy friends other than you! You're acting like I'm your girlfriend or something! Which I am not!" 

"Ph well sorry for being protective for me best friend since forever! I know what Jason is like ok!" He shouted vey grumpily.

"Then why are you being a jealous no good friend and I hate you when y-- I uh..." I stopped the word comings from my mouth. Why the hell did I say that? I thought.

C/n got even madder. "Oh is that what you think of me! A no good jealous friend..! After all these years that's what you thought of me!" 

"C/n, no it's not I swear it's not it just came o-" I was cut off, by C/n anger.

"Well I'm sorry that I'm not a good friend to you, Y/n!" And as of that he stomped away leaving me behind regretting what I said. 

~Flashback over~

Now I was in my room, writing lyrics of what I wanted to say to C/n. I didn't mean any of that. I knew actually how to fix it. With an apology song and a few of his favourite baked goods. Nevertheless, it was hard honking about lyrics, but I finally finished them making some of his favourite snack before going to his house (Instrument) in hand.

This was a perfect idea because he lived next door. So he was my best friend, crush, and the best neighbor ever. So I really needed to make it up to him, and fast. As I stood in front of his house, I needed to get his attention, so I threw a few rocks at his window before he actually come to the window.

He opened it angrily. "What do you want?" 

I fiddled with my (instrument), your probably not going to forgive me for what I said. But please hear me out before you close that window again! I'm sooo sooo sorry and I didn't mean to say those things. And before you say anything I have something for you."

 I saw him sigh, and staring at me as if saying 'go in'. I nodded, took a deep breath and slowly started to play the chords. 

(Play the song!)

I said I hate you, I was angry
I got so mad, I slammed your door
You know I really love you, baby
I didn't mean to start a war

I blushed as I basically confessed to him that I loved him.

And I know there's a line, but I crossed it
And I pray that it won't leave a scar
I said I hate you, but I'm sorry
Sometimes I wish you'd cut me off

Maybe I should think before I talk
I get emotional and words come out all wrong
Sometimes I'm more honest than I want
So maybe I should think before
Maybe next time, I'll think before I talk

I try my best to make it better 
I'm all out of apologies 
You know I'm not good under pressure 
Guess hurting you is hurting me

That part was true, it was hurting me when I hurt him. I didn't anybody him to suffer the pain because of my own selfishness.

I took all that we built and I broke it
And I pray it won't tear us apart
So let me piece it back together
I know I cut you pretty deep 

Maybe I should think before I talk
I get emotional and words come out all wrong
Sometimes I'm more honest than I want
So maybe I should think before
Maybe next time, I'll think before
I know that I should think before I speak
'Cause I'm saying things that I don't even mean
Maybe I'm more honest than I wanna be
So maybe I should think before
Maybe next time, I'll think before I

Say something I might regret
And I might get too far under your skin
I can't lie, I wish we could try it again
Oh I, I wish we could try it again

Maybe I should think before I talk
I get emotional and words come out all wrong
Sometimes I'm more honest than I want
So maybe I should think before
Maybe next time, I'll think before
I know that I should think before I speak
'Cause I'm saying things that I don't even mean
Maybe I'm more honest than I wanna be
So maybe I should think before
Maybe next time, I'll think before I talk

Oh, oh, oh, oh
So maybe I should think before
Maybe next time, I'll think before I talk

I stopped playing, singing and looked up to c/n window seeing him not there. I sighed and was turning to go home, when I heard the door open and a body turned me around to face him and kissed me softly. At first I didn't kiss back, but then I slowly melted into the kiss and kissed back. 

After a few minutes we parted, and C/n huskily said, "You are the best... wrote a whole song for me..? How can I not forgive you? The most prettiest, unique, talent, funny, dumb witted, and smartest girl I've ever known! I know I've waiting so many years to tell you this but, I love you oh so much..." 

I smiled as I pulled him by the collar and placed my lips back on his, then parted again. "Well I guess it's official.. oh! And I have something else!" I pulled or a box with his snacks in it and handed it to him.

"Y/n, you know me so well...! He picked me up bridal style, snacks in one hand, me in the other holding my (instrument). I giggled at the action. 

"Well you are my boyfriend now, and how long have we known each other!" I smiled as he walks me to his house and us having fun playing video games, and cuddling for the rest of that day.

~Done~ 1231 words

Hey guys! Wow two chapters in two days! What a surprise! I love this chapter inspiration from the song! I love that song! But I love you and finally holidays have arrived so two week holiday for me! And I'm going to be bored, so if any of you wanna talk, Roleplay, fangirl, or anything Dm me!

Cya later my shippers of love ~Monty ✌🏼✌🏼~

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼