chapter 25

John..
After getting home from the mall Lisa left and went into her room . She haven't been out all day and I'm starting to worry that I may have shown her my true colours to soon . But she needs to understand how much power she possess , she is a mafia Queen and if she doesn't learn the ropes my enemies will kill her .

Opening the velvet box I stared at the big daimond on the engagement ring. I wanted to ask her to be my wife but she isn't ready yet her mindset is still very small and there is still things she needs to know about this life .

I placed the small box on the bedside table and got up to go to the kitchen I could feel acids eating the walls of my stomach . In the kitchen I made myself a sandwich and some tea and I went into my home office .

Lisa..
John had shown me a part of himself that I never thought existed . I Know he is a mafia king but all he has ever shown me is kindness .

I walked out of my room to go look for John I needed to tell him that what I saw today doesn't change the way I feel about him . He probably thinks that I am afraid of him but in all honesty I am not afraid at all .

I knocked on his bedroom door and it pushed open , walking inside I look around and was very surprised to see the paintings on his walls , the dark blue bed spread that was laid out perfectly and the red velvet box that was lying on his nightstand .

Picking up the box I examine it before opening it to see the contents inside . Seeing the beautiful engagement ring took my breath away and I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes . Placing a hand on my mouth i try to control the sob that was threatening to escape . 

Seeing the ring only one thought came to my mind ," would I say yes?"