♡ 1 - exposition ♡

Theatre nerds everywhere freaked the fuck out when it was announced that a revival of the revival of Falsettos the musical would be coming to Broadway in 2019.

Roman Ferrante wanted to be Mendel or Whizzer. Virgil Cassidy wanted to be Whizzer or Marvin.

Roman was 21. This was his third time auditioning for a Broadway show, and this time, he prayed he would get cast. He had been doing theatre since he was four years old.

Virgil was 19. This was his first time auditioning for a Broadway show and he kept his expectations low, since he'd only been doing theatre since he was fourteen years old and he knew many people with many more years of experience.

Plus, he knew how many taller, more attractive men wanted to be cast as well...

Logan Taylor, Thomas Sanders, and Dodie Clark were deciding on who would get a callback.

"Roman was one of the best. We need him here," Thomas stated.

Logan set Roman's headshot and resume on top of the pile.

Dodie pulled out her notes and another pile of headshots and resumes. "Valerie was spectacular."

Logan nodded and added, "Hellen also did great."

"She's fantastic, and I think she's destined to play Cordelia."

"That's true..."

The sorted and discussed.

And sorted and discussed.

And then Whizzer.

"When Virgil walked in, I didn't think it would go well, but his audition was another one of the best today. He demands attention like Whizzer and his confidence shot up as soon as he started performing," Thomas said with a smile.

Everybody who auditioned sat in a room.

Logan Taylor read off the list. "Roman Ferrante, Jacob Isaac, Finneas O'Connell, Katelyn Harris, Hellen Reaves, Valerie Rosario, Declan Seymour, Audrey Orlando, Henry Orlando, Virgil Cassidy, Patrick Wales, Nina McCartney..."

The list continued just a little while longer.

"If your name was called, come back for the dance portion."

Virgil's jaw dropped.

Roman was extremely giddy.

Neither of them could comprehend that their names were called.

(a/n: welcome to yet another book! just in case you didn't fully read the description, this book will contain triggering shit, so if you aren't okay with that, do NOT proceed. love you guys. ♥)