♡ 55 - wake up ♡

(a/n: short chapter, but i thought it was a pretty okay thing to end it on (you'll understand when you reach the end of this chapter). school ended for vacation yesterday so ill be putting up longer ones soon!)

Virgil had to perform that day, so he wasn't able to stay with Roman too long. However, he hoped that when he returned to the hospital the next day, Roman would be okay and ready for a huge hug.

That didn't go the way Virgil wanted it to, though.

There Roman was, still completely unconscious in a hospital bed. The white room was completely silent because Virgil had been sitting there for five hours.

What if he's not gonna make it?

Everyone's going to die around you someday and you're going to be alone.

Who are you supposed to love now?

Who's going to love you now?

You'll never be happy again.

You're the reason they're both gone, Virgil Cassidy.

"Roman... Roman, stay with me. I can't have you leaving too." Hot tears fell from Virgil's eyes.

"Please tell me it was an accident." Virgil's voice weakened. "Tell me it wasn't on purpose." He brought his knees up to his chin and grabbed a few tissues from the small table next to him. "What even happened? Why the fuck would you do that? Were you trying to kill me? No, right? Because you were in there too? Warn a dude next time!"

But Roman stayed silent on the hospital bed as he had for the last few, excruciatingly long, hours. It felt like days. His face had been cleaned up but he was still bruised, with two casts; one around his neck and one around his right arm.

Virgil called Logan and told him that Roman wouldn't be able to perform for some time.

"I hope he heals soon," Logan said. There was only a sliver of sympathy in his voice, but for Logan, it was a lot. "Will you be here tonight?"

"Uh, yeah. Probably."

"Very well. I'll see you tonight. I'm sure Roman will be fine."

When the call was over, Virgil went back to looking at Roman. He leaned back in his chair, pissed and sad at the same time.

"You'd probably say some dumb shit about how you need a kiss to wake you up as soon as you wake up."

No response.

"If you wake up."

Nothing.

"You're waking up, right?"

Nothing.

That was it, then.

That was it?

He wanted to walk out of the room, but something held him there. He couldn't go. Not while there was a chance Roman could still be alive.

He wanted to give up, but...

What would Patton do?

Patton would have told him to stay hopeful. Right?

Virgil sighed and stared at the shiny tiled floor with his head and heart heavy.

Nothing.

It was the same exact thing the next day.

There was an hour before he needed to be at the theater, and he was getting impatient.

He grabbed his bag from next to the table and started to leave, his teeth clenched in frustration and the terrible fear that Roman wouldn't recover.

A sudden rustling sound from the hospital bed shook him from his thoughts.

Virgil looked up so fast, he heard a loud crack, and there was Roman, sitting up in the bed with a tired grin, looking at his crying boyfriend.

"It's Britney, bitch."

Virgil's jaw dropped.