♡ 60 - if you hadn't been my friend ♡

(a/n: can you tell i wrote chapters 59 and 60 during sad bitch hours lol? tbh most of these chapters were written during sad bitch hours but you'll see later in the chapter-

okay update this chapter was STARTED during sad bitch hours but it was completed before i went on for a showcase i was in that just closed so it gets un-sad

ALSO THIS IS A LOGAN CHAPTER BECAUSE I LOVE HIM SHUT UP)

"Virgil, you seem off," Logan said. "Would you like to talk?"

Virgil shrugged. "It's complicated. Besides, I wouldn't want to bother you."

"While I'm not good with emotions, I am your friend. The least I can do is give you some help."

"It's about Declan."

"Ah."

"And Roman."

"Oh? Are you two back together?"

"I mean, yeah. Probably, I think so. But I feel like..." He looked around and lowered his voice. "Maybe Roman could be falling down the same hole as Declan. I'm just worried about him, and I feel like I'm the reason this is happening to Roman. Declan's dead and if Ro doesn't get enough support..."

"He'll be okay. We all look out for each other here. You don't have to worry about bothering me with your problems. I watched your whole relationship with Declan from start to finish. I don't want you going through anything like that again. It won't happen. Okay?"

Virgil smiled sadly.

"Despite how much I get frustrated with Roman, I do care about his wellbeing."

"Yeah."

"And Virgil?"

"Mhm?" He looked at Logan.

"You're 19. Enjoy it while you still can."

"I'm turning 20 in a couple months."

"Turning 20 is stranger than you think. It's a big change. Even the idea could figuratively break you." Logan stood up and folded his hands as he stared at his shoes. "It nearly broke me."

(a/n: im not sure who requested for there to be a remile subplot, and i won't have enough room for much of it but ill gladly add it in)

"This is an amazing office, Mr. Picani," Roman said as he walked into the room.

"Why, thank you!" Emile replied. "And call me Emile. I'm only a couple of years older than you!" He laughed. "Make yourself comfortable." He gestured to the couch.

Roman sat down and continued exploring the office with his eyes until he came across a photo that caught his attention. He walked towards it with curiosity. "You know Remy?" He pointed to the photo of his roommate and the therapist in front of a brick wall.

"You know Remy? He's my boyfriend," Emile said with a grin.

"Remy's my roommate. And best friend. And I've been his best friend since middle school. How did I not know he had a boyfriend?!"

"We just started dating," he explained. "Besides, he tells me that he's rarely home since he travels so much or crashes at a friend's place because he drank too much."

"Sounds like Remy Foster to me."

They talked about Remy for a few minutes until Emile asked, "So, why exactly did you decide to come here?"

"Well..."

*tw: mentions of family member death from disease, mention of suicide attempt*